Some partially desaturated flower shots

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
A client wanted some floral shots to frame on her walls. She originally wanted b&w shots, but when she saw one of my partially desaturated shots, she went nuts and wanted me to re-work several of my florals to partially desaturate them. Here are the results of half an afternoon of picking through photos and re-doing them in photoshop:

IMG_6327_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7268_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_8209_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_9501_edited_RS.jpg

Nice series, I am sure your customer will be really happy with the results.

Great shots Sharky! All are very very nice. I love the first one. Btw. I'm full of envy when I hear that somebody sells his/her photos :p it is almost imposiible here:) I have no ide how do you get your clients :) (execpt good photos of course)

Alright...I've never tried desaturating before...I'm gonna have to try it. I've seen some neat stuff from you.

craig said:
Amazing as always!!! Makes me re think my current garden shots.

It definitely gives a new twist to traditional floral shots. I've used the partial desaturation on some shots to fade out glaring colors, but before this never really used it much as an actual artistic tool.

It's a nice idea, and a nice result, however I think they are a bit too dark. I know my monitor at work here is dark, but I suspect these could still use a slight boost. When you desaturate them some, they lose some punch, and I think brightening and contrasting, even if slight, can bring back that punch.

Digital Matt said:
It's a nice idea, and a nice result, however I think they are a bit too dark. I know my monitor at work here is dark, but I suspect these could still use a slight boost. When you desaturate them some, they lose some punch, and I think brightening and contrasting, even if slight, can bring back that punch.

That's good to know. They look great on my monitor, and the prints came out pretty good, but I'm still trying to reallly dial in this new monitor, so they might still be off a bit...

Most reactions

Back