Some pictures of a local lake. Complete noob alert here.

Ubi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3565351517_42a9bb8134_b.jpg

3565351931_299dcc722f_b.jpg

3565351031_5b54653bb2_b.jpg

There are a few more on my flickr account. If I had to pick I would say I like the first the best, just mainly because of the angle. What do you guys think? These were shot about a year ago on a Canon Powershot A540 (6 megapixel point and shoot), now I've got a Samsung SL202.

Oh yeah, and a bit of a noob question, what exactly does C&C mean?

Comments and Critique

Is it really true: still not a leaf on the trees where you are? I can't believe that.
I'm sure this lake is a lot nicer with the trees and bushes in green. In winter, things tend to look a bit drab ... here too.

The photos were actually taken in March of '06, and yeah, we really don't have trees around then haha.

Spring for us in South Jersey is about a one week period of 70 degree weather. Then it's just a minimum of 80 degrees until fall. At least that's what it feels like.

Last edited:
the first is far better than the other two, honestly if I had taken the other two i would scrap them.

the reason the first works better is that the top of the hill(? or levee?) and the shore line create leading lines that lead the eye back to the houses which are positioned on the golden section in the back. the camera angle makes the house show in sillouette (the others have a bunch of urban blight behind) the sunlight highlighting the water in right front helps too.

jerry

the first is far better than the other two, honestly if I had taken the other two i would scrap them.

the reason the first works better is that the top of the hill(? or levee?) and the shore line create leading lines that lead the eye back to the houses which are positioned on the golden section in the back. the camera angle makes the house show in sillouette (the others have a bunch of urban blight behind) the sunlight highlighting the water in right front helps too.

jerry
What exactly is the "golden section"?

Most reactions

Back