Some portrait-style attempts...

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Keep in mind I was more focused on pose/composition than...ahem...other stuff.

These are taken with my 20D with the kit lens. The ones with the red outfit were taken with a window camera right (the blinds were down but they are translucent and let a glow through) and all of them have the auto-contrast in Picasa since they were dim and the color was not the best! I was using Manual with ISO 200 and a low aperture...forget which.

Image Img_0540 is my fave and I'm going to fix it up and make it more presentable.

img_0540.JPG

Also really like these...

img_0547.JPG

img_0550.JPG

CC welcome!

There are more here:
http://michelejo.typepad.com/photos/holding_spot/img_0497.html

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Some fantastic expressions. The backgrounds and big crops make them look a bit snapshot-ish, but as I said, the expressions are great.

What software are you using to generate the online gallery?

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awesome job with your lighting! Great expressions and colors.

OP
michelejo

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Sharkbait said:
Some fantastic expressions. The backgrounds and big crops make them look a bit snapshot-ish, but as I said, the expressions are great.

What software are you using to generate the online gallery?

Thank you! Yeah, they need to be cropped and have something done to the background--but I was mostly going for expression.

I use Typepad for the galleries. I have the top level account ($11/mo) and you can create multiple photo galleries, they can be linked from your journal(s) or not, they're customizable, etc. The thing I like best is there is a utility to upload them straight from file manager in XP--saves loads of time when I just want to post a bunch all at one time. It can automatically resize too. I'm not sure if it'd work for client work, but I love it for personal use.

clemeys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
really like #1 ....would like to see some catch lights though.

Her expression is pricesless.

Most reactions

New Topics