Some portrait-style attempts...

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Keep in mind I was more focused on pose/composition than...ahem...other stuff.

These are taken with my 20D with the kit lens. The ones with the red outfit were taken with a window camera right (the blinds were down but they are translucent and let a glow through) and all of them have the auto-contrast in Picasa since they were dim and the color was not the best! I was using Manual with ISO 200 and a low aperture...forget which.

Image Img_0540 is my fave and I'm going to fix it up and make it more presentable.

img_0540.JPG

Also really like these...

img_0547.JPG

img_0550.JPG

CC welcome!

There are more here:
http://michelejo.typepad.com/photos/holding_spot/img_0497.html

Some fantastic expressions. The backgrounds and big crops make them look a bit snapshot-ish, but as I said, the expressions are great.

What software are you using to generate the online gallery?

Awesome job with your lighting! Great expressions and colors.

Sharkbait said:
Some fantastic expressions. The backgrounds and big crops make them look a bit snapshot-ish, but as I said, the expressions are great.

What software are you using to generate the online gallery?

Thank you! Yeah, they need to be cropped and have something done to the background--but I was mostly going for expression.

I use Typepad for the galleries. I have the top level account ($11/mo) and you can create multiple photo galleries, they can be linked from your journal(s) or not, they're customizable, etc. The thing I like best is there is a utility to upload them straight from file manager in XP--saves loads of time when I just want to post a bunch all at one time. It can automatically resize too. I'm not sure if it'd work for client work, but I love it for personal use.

really like #1 ....would like to see some catch lights though.

Her expression is pricesless.

Most reactions

Back