Some recent birds shot

CarlosFrazao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, ok so my previous sigma 150-600 contemporary lens went to crap after the software update was done so they replaced it with a new one so went out early Saturday morning and the light wasn't really good in most of the shots, not really happy with the lens yet so still need to adjust a few things but here's some of the first images... Cc welcome as always please thanks.
1) the rare and illusive half collared King fisher gave us maybe 10 seconds and disappeared again, wish I had better light but it was early morning and the sun was coming from his back
image.jpeg
2) Mr Malachite Kingfisher my favorite bird
image.jpeg
3) Cape long claw giving me the stare down
image.jpeg
4) I think this is a female African stone chat not 100% sure
image.jpeg
5) a duck portrait
image.jpeg
6) a ostrich portrait
image.jpeg
7) this was shot at first light nothing fancy but I liked the angle of his neck
image.jpeg

I like #4. Simple bird but lovely background and light!

Thanks man appreciate it

Nice set. I like 3-maybe a portrait orientation would have been better, getting the feet in as well. 4 is the winner for me too.

Nice set. I like 3-maybe a portrait orientation would have been better, getting the feet in as well. 4 is the winner for me too.

Thanks man, yeah I was thinking the same thing on number 3 but then saw the ground was really busy and ugly and didn't take it portrait unfortunately.. Haha people liking the one I didn't think was that nice lol

Thanks guys so I guess #4 for the win then

Nice shots #2 3 and 4 are the ones i like the most that half collard kingfisher is cool looking like the colours on it

Thanks so much everyone much appreciated...

#4 is the winner for me! Nice set of bird photos! Where was this location?

Hi propilot, all these photos where taken at rietvlei nature reserve in South Africa, it's a little boring now as most of the birds have left for our winter but there's still a few jems around

Most reactions

New Topics

Back