Some recent macro attempts.

any specific reason for (what i take to be) removal of the photos - are we going to see them?

Sorry about that. I'm new to the site and still trying to figure things out. My pics were really huge so I made them a little smaller. Here they are enjoy. C&C!! =)

m_cef3bfdd6dc55e4af4523b3c21261e5e.jpg

m_58280dd854f778f109e64ad2524356c7.jpg

l_b31ad7d2b08d6bf8ad8f90c1b3ace3c7.jpg

m_df945ef135fc81b1ab052481ab82543a.jpg

You can go up to 800pixels on the longest side without problems :)

That second shot is small, but it looks like you got the focus right on the eyes - very hard to tell but I think I can see that capture of the facets (SP) of the eye as well!
The third looks like you missed the mark with the focus on the eyes - out of interest what camera and lenswere you using and what was your aperture - might be you could try for a larger aperture which an angle like that benefits from. A head on, side on or above shot favours the very fine depth of field - but of course its always difficult.
Some good work - definatly keep at it :)

You can go up to 800pixels on the longest side without problems :)

That second shot is small, but it looks like you got the focus right on the eyes - very hard to tell but I think I can see that capture of the facets (SP) of the eye as well!
The third looks like you missed the mark with the focus on the eyes - out of interest what camera and lenswere you using and what was your aperture - might be you could try for a larger aperture which an angle like that benefits from. A head on, side on or above shot favours the very fine depth of field - but of course its always difficult.
Some good work - definatly keep at it :)

Alright. Yes the second shot is small but I did capture the facets, I'm not sure how it's spelt either lol. Yes the third picture I couldn't get focused right on the eyes, it was really windy and it was a pain. And thanks for the kind words. =)

Nikon D60 with 105mm Nikkor macro, f/16.

Most reactions

Back