TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Click on each one to view it large.

Both were taken in Canary Wharf.

I know that in the first one there is a little corner of another building at the bottom, (will have to crop this out) as well as the dust specks :( I know they can be removed with Photoshop but I don't have it and have no idea how. Someday I might make these corrections.

where is canary wharf? i like them both. in the second one i like the curve. i would like to see it without the banner. i'm not sure if i would like to see more or less of the building in the upper right corner.

where is canary wharf? i like them both. in the second one i like the curve. i would like to see it without the banner. i'm not sure if i would like to see more or less of the building in the upper right corner.

Thanks for your comments. Canary Wharf is a business district of London on the Isle of Dogs, full of modern architecture.

You're probably correct about the banner and especially the building in the top right, but unfortunately I have zero photoshop knowledge, so my photos undergo very little PP, let alone knowing how to clone out stuff! But this is an area I plan to improve in with time.

I prefer to see whole buildings in pictures, not just tops, however I know they are kinda big, so you would end up walking back really far or need a wide wide wide lens :)

I love the sepia tone in that second one

I love the composition of the second one, although the bit of the building on the top right corner is a bit distracting. The sepia tone really adds to the image (had this been in colour or traditional B&W, I'm not sure I would have liked it this much).

The blue sky on the first one is very beautiful too. The thing is that the reflection on the building is really too strong.

Just my two cents.

interesting. i prefer the tops of buildings and really strong reflections. as far as the banner goes, it would be a tough edit because it's a big area right in center. will they ever take that one down? or is it permanent?

I prefer to see whole buildings in pictures, not just tops, however I know they are kinda big, so you would end up walking back really far or need a wide wide wide lens :)

I love the sepia tone in that second one

Thanks - the second one was one of the few pictures where it's instantly obvious that it's better in sepia, without taking time to make up my mind. With regards to what you said about seeing the whole building, I guess my style is to focus on more specific architectural elements, especially catching the light off buildings.

I love the composition of the second one, although the bit of the building on the top right corner is a bit distracting. The sepia tone really adds to the image (had this been in colour or traditional B&W, I'm not sure I would have liked it this much).

The blue sky on the first one is very beautiful too. The thing is that the reflection on the building is really too strong.

Just my two cents.

Thanks, I might well go back to it at some point when I'm better at PS and clone it out, many people seem to not be liking it.

interesting. i prefer the tops of buildings and really strong reflections. as far as the banner goes, it would be a tough edit because it's a big area right in center. will they ever take that one down? or is it permanent?

Thank you. About the banner: in the large version you can see it's just a piece of fabric stretched over a metal frame, so most likey not permanent. I have no idea what they plan to doing with it though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back