What's new

Some Restoration

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,484
Reaction score
96
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got inspired by a short video i saw on youtube, so i decided to try some restoration.
Original
$nuts.webp
Edit

Y14 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr

Original
$ugu.webp
Edit

Y15 by JoshuaSimPhotography, on Flickr
 
AAA SELECTIVE COLOR!

You've done a pretty nice job retouching these. The first one still has a color cast and has lost some contrast over the years. Remove some of the yellowness, and increase contrast (gently, gently) and finish up by nudging the saturation up a hair, and I think you'll find you like it better.
 
You're right, I just saw the bow and flipped out, but you've colored the whole thing ;)

I wound up removing some red, too, and applied some very very light "smart" sharpening. With the full image that step would go better, I think.
 

Attachments

  • $foo.webp
    $foo.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
I wasn't sure what to do with the white object on the ground. It's so washed out, I can't even deterimine what it is. Bianni attempted to address it, but I'm not sure it's better then just leaving it washed out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom