Some shots from Lake Michigan today

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ventured out in the cold to try out my new EF 24-70 F2.8L USM lens today. I wandered around the lake shore for about 40 minutes before giving up on the cold. :) It was great, I was able to walk about 50 yards out onto the lake since it was frozen solid. Here's a couple of shots from todays walk-about.

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

I love the first and the third. Great job for freezing to death...

Number one and two are awesome!!
I love the fence in that first one, i can't stop staring...

and I like your website too, I made mine on iWeb as well:mrgreen:

Love #1!! Great stuff. Where did you take these from? I ended up just shooting some of the Chicago River last week and some of the "L".

Number one and two are awesome!!
I love the fence in that first one, i can't stop staring...

and I like your website too, I made mine on iWeb as well:mrgreen:
I just got iLife '09 yesterday. I'm getting ready to mess with it tonight. :)

I have some others from today, it takes me a while to sort through them all. There's one shot I tried to get where the wind was blowing the snow over the fence but I think I blew that one.

Oh well... :) Glad you like the first one. I like it too.

Love #1!! Great stuff. Where did you take these from? I ended up just shooting some of the Chicago River last week and some of the "L".
Glad you got to shoot some city stuff. Sorry about the meeting, that happens. Right now is a crazy time with this economy. Lots of emergencies... I work in advertising.

I got your text while I was in the meeting doing the talking. I meant to get back to you but spaced it off. My bad. I'm glad you found some places to shoot. The L is one of my favorites. Did you post any pics?

Glad you got to shoot some city stuff. Sorry about the meeting, that happens. Right now is a crazy time with this economy. Lots of emergencies... I work in advertising.

I got your text while I was in the meeting doing the talking. I meant to get back to you but spaced it off. My bad. I'm glad you found some places to shoot. The L is one of my favorites. Did you post any pics?
Totally understand, I was lucky enough to get free from the meeting that day an hour early. Also, glad I left early enough, we got hit with 12" of snow that same night.
I don't think any of them were "post-worthy", but I will see what I have in lightroom.
Enjoy iLife 09! I just updated my site with a new theme from 09. iPhoto is nice for my p&s pics.

I can't sleep... argh, 1:30am and I'm futzing around in Lightroom. I'm almost thinking I like this second shower shot with a close-up of the shower nozzles more than the full shot. Thoughts?

IMG_4655.jpg

Nice... what I really liked about number 3 was the skyline and the shower. That divider line and the upper portion is beautiful.

Most reactions

Back