some shots from my new a300

F1addict

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got my a300 with 18-70mm and 75-300mm lens last Saturday and I've been playing around with it taking picture of my dog and some macro shots of the gardens and its preforming beyond my expectations. And I'm able to get shots of my dog running and jumping that I simply could not get with my canon point&shoot.

dsc00422onz.jpg

dsc00421m.jpg

dsc00412v.jpg

^I love his eyes in this on. He looks like he's possessed
dsc00408xwd.jpg

dsc00377e.jpg

dsc00242u.jpg

dsc00222s.jpg

dsc00382.jpg

dsc00390q.jpg

dsc00418e.jpg

dsc00393q.jpg

all of these shots were taken with the Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lens
most of the shots of my dog, I was just trying to get the shot to see if I could and wasn't paying much attention to anything else. but all the other shots I was actually trying to get a good shot with nice composition and trying to get in a position so the lighting would be right

but feel free to c&c on all of them, any help is always appreciated.

and overall I think this camera, and lens work beautifully. The in body image stabilization is great and I've been able to take shots as slow 1/30th without seeing an blurring in the image. The live view and tilting screen are also very helpful at times, and i've even used the smart teleconverter button to get closer to some birds, and the images still came out pretty decent, it is digital zoom so their is some lose of quality but he pictures were still useable. The autofocus is also nice and fast, unless your trying to go from shooting a macro shoot of a flower to a shot of a bird or something far off, then its a little slower but still not bad. If anyone is in the market for a new entry level DSLR, I'd highly suggest taking a good look at the a300. Its really a great camera, and I think with some better lens it could be even better

Last edited:
Your pics are great, but I especially love your dog ones! Great shots and nice looking dog! :thumbup::thumbup:

You must be over the moon with that new camera of yours and the two new lenses, and all the many new possibilities you're now having! The photos show! The action shots of your dog are quite something else. I really like the fact that in most cases just the lawn's the background.

As to composing your flower photos: a bit more off-centre will make them somewhat more interesting. Other than that though: good focus. Pleasing DOF.

thank you both for the compliments

and yes Lafoto, I am "over the moon" with this camera:lol:
I absolutely love it. So much better then my powershot. And I've only cracked the surface with what I can do with it. Were going up to Lake George tomorrow (which we do most weekends) and hopefully if we get up early enough we can get a dock on Black Mountain Point and then I can hike up Black Mountain and get some spectacular shots of the lake and the Adirondack Mountians from the top. Me and my friend climbed it last year...in flip flops, very, very bad idea btw:lol:, but I lost all the pictures I took with my uncles Rebel XT:(

And then in September we're going to the Rolex Vintage Festival at Limerock Park, Conn. for the vintage races. And I plan on renting atleast one really nice lens for that weekend.
possibly one of these
LensRentals.com - Rent a Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 APO G SSM
and I want to rent this a some point just for the hell of it
LensRentals.com - Rent a Sony 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G

absolutely GORGEOUS dog... I know I've complimented before, but that is my favorite coloring for pit bulls.

nice shots

Most reactions

Back