1b4sunup.jpg

1jusb4sunup.jpg

1sup.jpg

1sup2.jpg

1sup3.jpg

1sup4.jpg

1mountain.jpg

Thanks for looking.

nice sunrise series. you may want to try moving the horizon away from the center of your compositions/crops. You could have very easily shown more of the foreground in just about any of those shots and I think they would have been even better for it. I only say that because I love the fg in these shots, it makes the shots for me... nice reflections. The starburst and crepuscular rays are a nice touch in #3. :thumbup:

Lovely views and beautiful skyscapes ... you DO live in a beautiful country (don't I know it!?!?) and you had some wonderful sunrises ... and you are ever so lucky to have the chance to see them while looking across the sea! Makes sunrises/sky pics ever so much more interesting.

But the critique of the centred horizon is, of course, right: photos - especially landscapes of this kind - do become more interesting when you (first of all) follow this famous Rule of Thirds and place the horizon either on the (virtual) line that would separate the UPPER third of your frame from the middle one, or on the line that would separate your LOWER third of your frame from the middle one.

It depends on what you want to express: is it the majesty of the sky and its vastness and drama then give the sky more room within your frame. Is it the expanse of countryside/water that you mean to show more, then give the country/water more room.

In your photos, with the reflections and parts of beach etc. it would have made sense to give the land/waterscapes some more room, though SOME could formations (as in 1) suggest you might have wanted to focus (as in "concentrate in") more on the sky than on the land/water.

See what I mean?

Your just showing off now
been on the forum 10minutes and you start posting winners like those, its just not on :lol:

number needs to be on a wall, just amazing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back