Some wedding pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one thing the set you are showing is missing is wide shots. To really capture the moment sometimes you need to show more whats going on. Perhaps you were on your shooting sport mode :). But you probably have some of that.

I shot close to a 1000 images during the wedding and rehearsal, I posted a hand full. There are others, including wide shots.

So now I have to add a wrap up, everyone that has seen the pictures loves them, they like that they are not the "usual" stagnant set up wedding pictures they see all the time. I realize that most of the comments have come from family and friends, the ones that if they didn't know I was a professional photographer, would say that I could do this for a living. You know the usual line that we all toss out to the camera noobs that are just starting out and what the family and friends say is only true because, "they don't know any better or they are lying"

You know I could shoot weddings for a living. I just need to come up with a new name for my business. I was thinking something like

"Icanshootweddingsjustasgoodasanyonethatdoesitforalivingbutcantheyshootsportsaswellasme"

As a second and third shooter for weddings, I've learned anyone can take good snapshots with a good DSLR. Fewer can take visually stunning photographs with arresting composition, spot on white balance, depth of field and laser focus. And even fewer can do that AND tell a compelling visual story. Those who possess that technical and artistic mastery are worth every penny.

most of the time it dont matter what they look like!in todays world most don't even stay together 14 months.i do the wedding service and daughter does pictures sometimes.being married now dont mean much to some people.lol

That's a good one LOL, see if that name's registered, maybe you could use it for a website too. But it would be kind of long to fit on a business card...

However if you wanted to be a sponsor for a hockey team it'd take up plenty of dasherboard space, good advertising!

(I'm kidding of course. But then again... there have been weddings during intermission of games, gotta love the minors - you could combine the best of both worlds - photograph the limo on the ice and everything.)

The one thing I have learned from this forum is that people take all of this too seriously and that many have no sense of humour. I would not put myself in the same boat as many of the wedding photographers on this forum, just as I wouldn't expect them to pretend to shoots sports as well as I do. What I shot was good, I shot it fast, and most of all, I shot exactly what my son and his wife wanted.

The one thing I have learned from this forum is that people take all of this too seriously and that many have no sense of humour. I would not put myself in the same boat as many of the wedding photographers on this forum, just as I wouldn't expect them to pretend to shoots sports as well as I do. What I shot was good, I shot it fast, and most of all, I shot exactly what my son and his wife wanted.

I gotta be honest with you... what I saw of your pictures wasn't "good". They were mostly acceptable secondary shots. They certainly weren't bad, but if my wedding album consisted of shots like that I'd be pretty disappointed. You did say you had others, but this is what you posted, so...

I know you were joking, but your remarks- particularly in light of the images you shared- were very dismissive of the skills of many very talented people.

I'm pretty damned impressed (and very glad) that no one responded angrily.

Last edited:
I see.. But you still self proclaimed your self to be an amazing sport photographer.

I am, and I back it up with consistent images, why would I deny it? Would you say that you aren't good at shooting weddings if you believe that you are and have the abilities to back it up?

I gotta be honest with you... what I saw of your pictures wasn't "good". They were mostly acceptable secondary shots. They certainly weren't bad, but if my wedding album consisted of shots like that I'd be pretty disappointed. You did say you had others, but this is what you posted, so...

I know you were joking, but your remarks- particularly in light of the images you shared- were very dismissive of the skills of many very talented people.

This is also why I have issues with this forum, people candy coat their comments and don't have the balls to be honest, at least I am honest in what I say and believe, sometimes it pisses people off, at least everyone always knows exactly where I stand. I don't comment on everything, but if I see something I like, I will say it. It's all pretty simple.

I never once claimed to be a wedding photographer, I have shot three weddings in four decades, I explained everything about what I posted right from the start. Obviously some people either don't read what is written or they just ignore it. As I have always stated, everyone has their own opinion, and there are lots of people on this forum that I respect for either their comments or the photos they post. Then there are others that will say whatever they can negative about anything I post, they have that right as well.

I posted sports photos for 7-8 straight days a couple of weeks back, I didn't read any of your comments good or bad about them. I don't post sports photos for a critique. I post photos to give people ideas, to show people what is possible if they think about what they shooting, angles to try, positive results from understanding sports and yes to add to this forum. There are people that hopefully learn from what I post.

As for you being impressed that no one responded angrily, well I really expected the usual suspects to come out with comments. It's all good, as was stated to me in another post it's all about discussion. I suppose I should have added a happy face after what I wrote, isn't that the universal symbol on here when someone is posting anything sarcastic or attempts at humour? :er:

Be happy, life is just too short.

This is also why I have issues with this forum, people candy coat their comments and don't have the balls to be honest, at least I am honest in what I say and believe, sometimes it pisses people off, at least everyone always knows exactly where I stand. I don't comment on everything, but if I see something I like, I will say it. It's all pretty simple.

I never once claimed to be a wedding photographer, I have shot three weddings in four decades, I explained everything about what I posted right from the start. Obviously some people either don't read what is written or they just ignore it. As I have always stated, everyone has their own opinion, and there are lots of people on this forum that I respect for either their comments or the photos they post. Then there are others that will say whatever they can negative about anything I post, they have that right as well.

I posted sports photos for 7-8 straight days a couple of weeks back, I didn't read any of your comments good or bad about them. I don't post sports photos for a critique. I post photos to give people ideas, to show people what is possible if they think about what they shooting, angles to try, positive results from understanding sports and yes to add to this forum. There are people that hopefully learn from what I post.

As for you being impressed that no one responded angrily, well I really expected the usual suspects to come out with comments. It's all good, as was stated to me in another post it's all about discussion. I suppose I should have added a happy face after what I wrote, isn't that the universal symbol on here when someone is posting anything sarcastic or attempts at humour? :er:

Be happy, life is just too short.

I never candy coat my comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back