What's new

Something experimental...

Blackmetaller

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I currently don't have a label for these pictures but do they incite any emotion at all ? I specifically went for the low-resolution grainy/obscured effect with a purpose in mind but I'm not sure if its a good idea. and yes im a beginner. comments and thoughts welcome.











 
Regardless of what effect you were going for you still need to properly expose your pictures. Then, any special effects be can done later in post. These are barely exposures at all. Apart from the fact that they are practically unrecognisable as objects, the subjects are impossible to determine.

I think you need to learn proper exposure before trying out underexposure experiments. That way, you'll know what you need to do to get the effect you want.
 
Last edited:
Big failure
gsgary, Honest: Yes.. Tactful: No.. Helpful: No.. Failure comment: Yes!


Blackmetaller,

I am a fan of Black Metal music myself (judging by your name, I believe you are as well), thus I do believe I see what you were going for. I think you were trying to have these pictures invoke a feeling of a dark melancholic loneliness, despair and a cold fear.

Unfortunately though, your pictures are way too underexposed to get a true sense of what you are trying to convey. Yes, they are cold, they are dark and they are gritty looking, but the underexposure hurts them.

2 things you might want to look at before you go for a second try is here: http://www.michaelpyoungblog.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/01/Esthetic_Exposure_Triangle2.jpg And here: Film Speed - SimCam - Film and Digital Camera Simulator - Photonhead.com
 
Never heard of black metal im into rock and heavy rock gs refers to one of my motorbikes the BMW GS
As for the photographs they are too under exposed
 
Never heard of black metal im into rock and heavy rock gs refers to one of my motorbikes the BMW GS
As for the photographs they are too under exposed

Thats a much more tactful and helpful comment on his photos. :thumbup:
(Nice taste in Motorbike BTW)

Type in "Black Metal" on Google and do an image search. You will see most all pictures are dark, grainy, cold, and desolate which are a visual to what most black metal sounded like back in the early and raw days of it. As with most music, is had branched out with time and there are various sub-genres of Black Metal. (Cradle Of Filth & Bal Sagoth for example)
 
I currently don't have a label for these pictures but do they incite any emotion at all ? I specifically went for the low-resolution grainy/obscured effect with a purpose in mind but I'm not sure if its a good idea. and yes im a beginner. comments and thoughts welcome.

Emotions? Nope.

For grain go for highest ISO and then HDR it for max noise. You can do it with 1 image or more.Don't need 3. Keep blasting away and good luck!

17uuu.jpg
 
I don't even know what they are or what they are supposed to represent. All I see are grossly underexposed black photographs with little to nothing on them. Sorry but there's nothing there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom