Something new for me

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I would try to expand my PS skills and try something different on a portrait. This is how I would normally approach this image and the new processing.

1) Lightroom only processing.

MetroPPA-3.jpg

2) Lightroom and Photoshop processing.

MetroPPA-3-Edit.jpg

Nice edit....However I don't see anything to crazy that couldn't just be done in lightroom :)

Nice edit....However I don't see anything to crazy that couldn't just be done in lightroom :)

Thanks sscarmack. I guess, I haven't learned how to put the sun spot in there from LR.
Play with the gradient by adjusting the angle, exposure, white balance, etc. until you get to your desired look. :) There might be an easier way, but that's how I usually do it, haha.

ETA: then you can play with the colors in the shadows/highlights/split toning/etc.

Thanks sscarmack. I guess, I haven't learned how to put the sun spot in there from LR.
Play with the gradient by adjusting the angle, exposure, white balance, etc. until you get to your desired look. :) There might be an easier way, but that's how I usually do it, haha.

ETA: then you can play with the colors in the shadows/highlights/split toning/etc.

Thanks Wade. That's pretty much what I did in PS with layers. I copied a way that someone from a youtube video. I will have to try that in LR to see if I can do it there.

The flare effect is well executed. I like the original more though. I'd clone out the dock top left or maybe crop in a little tighter. My 0.02.

Thanks @aoposton, I see what you mean. I'm not a flare kind of person but I want to be able to do it if the situation calls for it or if I am asked to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back