What's new

Something Old and Something...Older!

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
2,386
Reaction score
51
Location
Alabama - just moved here from Texas
Was out tonight and decided to stop and try these again, but at night. I did them during the day last week and just didnt get the effect that I wanted.

1.
coke.jpg



2.
shack1.jpg



3.
shack22.jpg
 
thanks guys...#1 would be so much better if some fool wasnt parked next to it, leaving that awful shadow. Perhaps I will try it again when noone is parked next to it. (also, do you see the cool bullet hole in the window pane? LOL)
 
Very attractive title, I must say first! Well put.

And the first picture is an absolute STUNNER. I really, really, really like that and could imagine this to be a huge poster! Honestly! OK, maybe like this but without the triangle of a shadow, but to tell you the truth: I did not even mind that too much until you drew my attention to it yourself with your most recent comment ;).

Where did your light for all these come from?
 
LaFoto said:
Very attractive title, I must say first! Well put.

And the first picture is an absolute STUNNER. I really, really, really like that and could imagine this to be a huge poster! Honestly! OK, maybe like this but without the triangle of a shadow, but to tell you the truth: I did not even mind that too much until you drew my attention to it yourself with your most recent comment ;).

Where did your light for all these come from?

LaPhoto, first off, thank you for the comment - it made me feel really good. The lighting was from a street lamp high up on a post for the old buildings and the coke machine one, well it was mostly moonlight.
 
The coca-cola shot really works for me. It might be a teeensy bit central, but hang the rule of thirds - I love the exposure, tones and range in this one, a very unique feel to the picture. You're coming out with some real winners now - keep em coming!


Rob
 
the coke machine is awsome, i would like to see it in b&w to give it that really old look.
 
Thanks again. I did convert the coke one into black and white, but as some others have said and I must agree, that the colored version is much nicer! The tones are actually natural - all i did was add a little bit of contrast and shaprening. I am going back tonight after the rain stops to retake it, because they close early on Sunday, which means there will be no vehicles there to cast a shadow on my materpiece HAHAHAHA.
 
I like yer first one, the color version is more to me liking than ther b&w..

yes I am talking like a pirate today..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom