Sony A380

Littlething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm new to the site. I wondered if anyone could tell me how to make my sony a380 fire without a lens on, i have just bought a manual focus 500mm lens and someone said that i need to make the camera think there wasn't a lens attached. Hope someone can help me as i can't any piccies at the minute.
Thanks for your time in reading this.:sexywink:

Hi all, I'm new to the site. I wondered if anyone could tell me how to make my sony a380 fire without a lens on, i have just bought a manual focus 500mm lens and someone said that i need to make the camera think there wasn't a lens attached. Hope someone can help me as i can't any piccies at the minute.
Thanks for your time in reading this.:sexywink:

well i dont know anything about the 380, i shoot the alpha200 but i wouldnt think you had to "trick" the camera into thinking you had a lens on it. i believe you should just be able to put the lens on there and start shooting. if the camera doesnt recognize that a lens is on there then i dont know what to tell you.

is the lens a good known brand?

The lens is an Opton 500mm. Its a manual focus so doesn't have the connection points, the lens fits on with the bayonet fitting but when i try to fire the camera it says shutter locked. Thanks anyway.

The lens is an Opton 500mm. Its a manual focus so doesn't have the connection points, the lens fits on with the bayonet fitting but when i try to fire the camera it says shutter locked. Thanks anyway.

ok, just read up about the lens. put the camera in manual mode(i hope you know how to operate your camera in manual)

if you dont know how to use the camera in manual then i would suggest learning how! it will be very helpful in the long run to learn early.

Most reactions

Back