Sony A6000 Adapter Help

greentea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I currently have an A6000 and am looking towards getting a macro lens.
Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro lens for Sony / Minolta A-Mount SLR & DSLR (272E)

This is the lens I am looking to get but I will need an A-Mount to E-Mount adapter but this is where I've become completely lost. Can you recommend any adapters suitable in attaching the lens above to the Sony A6000?

NOTE: Someone did mention to me that an adapter I looked at, the autofocus wouldn't work so I'd like to find one that would allow this. Thanks a lot

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I don´t own the lens nor the adapter, but I´d recommend sonys own a-mount to e-mount adapter.
Check out this video (it is from an a7II, but the focus system of the a6000 is really good, so I´d expect it to work as good or even better):

Sony LA-EA2 or 4 if the lens is screw driven or internal drive.

Not sure if the USD version would work with the LA-EA1 and 3 on the A6000 ?

<update> reading more online it appears the A6000 does not use PDAF with the 1 and 3 adapters so AF is slow (contrast detection) with lenses that have internal focus drives.

Last edited:
Brian Smith has probably done more testing with Sony adapters than anyone else: Guide to Sony a7 a7R a7S a7II a7RII a7SII Lens Adapters

I will mention that losing autofocus might not be a big deal with a macro lens, since most macro work is done with manual focus anyway. Manual focus is very easy on mirrorless, since you have focus peaking and magnification. I've dedicated two of the customized buttons on my a6000 for when my manual focus lens is attached, that way I don't need to go into the menu each time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back