Sony A7S--WoW!

Yeah.... "Wow!"...looks like it might make one heck of a video camera...the 4k and the dual-size simultaneous video capture...huh...

dPreview has an announcement and preview pf the new camera. NO pricing info yet...wonder if it's going to be Panny GH4-like, or less dinero...

Might be a pretty good rig for some people.

Well they have pretty much declared their mid range video camera a thing of the past with this.

I wonder how much of that ISO range is usable.

He((, even if only HALF the ISO range is usable, it's gonna suck up those dim photons!!!

It looks really cool. The 4k to external device is kind of a pain, but I'd really like to see the HD video in action.

I wish they take this sensor and put it into a standard video cam body. DSLR for video is nice, but it's also nice to have everything ready to go rather than putting on 10 brackets.

Would it be any good for low light photography? I am looking for a new camera for fast shutter, low light, non flash action and was tempted by a d4s but this does look interesting...

Wow! I'm speechless, I take back what I said about Sony in the past when I abandoned my Sony an Minolta gear some years ago lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I wish they'd do away with their own lenses and come out with a nikon/canon option.

I wish they'd do away with their own lenses and come out with a nikon/canon option.

Thats would actually be genius on their part.

They never will tho, too much pride.

I would imagine you'd be able to get an adapter to fit other lenses but I would see this body being similar to Black Magic and RED cameras. Those two companies just worry about the bodies and it's up to the consumer to pick additional hardware.

Thats would actually be genius on their part.

They never will tho, too much pride.

I would imagine you'd be able to get an adapter to fit other lenses but I would see this body being similar to Black Magic and RED cameras. Those two companies just worry about the bodies and it's up to the consumer to pick additional hardware.

I ve got an A7 on order, these cameras will take most lenses made past and present ive just bought the Voigtlander close focus adapter for my Leica M lenses and will probably get an auto focus adapter for my Canon L lenses

gsgary said:
I ve got an A7 on order, these cameras will take most lenses made past and present ive just bought the Voigtlander close focus adapter for my Leica M lenses and will probably get an auto focus adapter for my Canon L lenses

It will be interesting to see how a crotchety old fart like you gets on with this new-fangled Sony and its EVF system and so on! ;-)

I must confess...I have three Voigtlander lenses, a 35/1.7 aspherical, 50/1.5 aspherical, and a 75mm f/2.5, and I actually looked at and demo'd the A7 (the 24 MP model), thinking that those three lenses would really be all I'd use about 75% of the time indoors...for me the EVF was not to my liking, but I think a guy could live with it. I'm not interested in using those three nice lenses on my film rangefinder any more...I just do not have the time nor inclination to mess around with film...I LIKE the size of the Voigtlander lenses a LOT though--really SMALL lenses, compact as heck...GOOD optics actually. The A7-series is the first FF interchangeable lens camera I could really afford...cannot afford a Leica digital...so... anyway, looking fwd to seeing how you get on with this A7 Gary. Cheers.

gsgary said:

It will be interesting to see how a crotchety old fart like you gets on with this new-fangled Sony and its EVF system and so on! ;-)

I must confess...I have three Voigtlander lenses, a 35/1.7 aspherical, 50/1.5 aspherical, and a 75mm f/2.5, and I actually looked at and demo'd the A7 (the 24 MP model), thinking that those three lenses would really be all I'd use about 75% of the time indoors...for me the EVF was not to my liking, but I think a guy could live with it. I'm not interested in using those three nice lenses on my film rangefinder any more...I just do not have the time nor inclination to mess around with film...I LIKE the size of the Voigtlander lenses a LOT though--really SMALL lenses, compact as heck...GOOD optics actually. The A7-series is the first FF interchangeable lens camera I could really afford...cannot afford a Leica digital...so... anyway, looking fwd to seeing how you get on with this A7 Gary. Cheers.

Most people rate the EVF very highly for street shooting i will use my Universal Turret Viewfinder | eBay and have the screen turned off so it will be like shooting film

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
wow. this really kicks someone in the teeth. lower the mp and jack up the lowlight. opposite of Nikon .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back