SOny Alpha 3000

Ream

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
[h=1]Do any of you know about this camera? Would you recommend it?

Sony SLT-A58K SLT-A58 with 18-55mm Zoom Lens, 20.1MP DSLR Camera w/ 2.7" LCD Screen (Black) + Sony SAL-552002 DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Telephoto Lens + Sony 32GB Memory Card + Sony Small System Case + Accessory Kit[/h]

Think long and hard before you commit yourself to a camera system.
Once you buy the camera you start buying lenses, flashes and other equipment that is working on that specific camera maker so be sure you want to work with Sony or any other camera maker, don't buy it just because its cheap or accessible for you.
I am not saying don't get Sony, I had a Sony DSLR for few years and I was very happy, I am just saying be sure Sony is what you want because if you decide in the future to move to Canon, Nikon or any other maker you will need to sell all your equipment.

Sony a3000 is the cheapest camera that changes lenses Sony makes today (as far as I know), its almost completely bare with no buttons, everything needs to go through the menus.
If I had the choice between these two I would go with the Sony a58
I am really not a big fan of buying a whole package, usually you are getting the cheapest stuff in these packages and maybe stuff you will really never need.
I believe you should buy just a camera with a kit lens and then decide yourself what you want, this might look like a good deal but how good is the extra lens you are getting ?
Lenses play a HUGE role and can be the difference between a sharp and soft picture.
Dont rush into this, do your homework and only when you know what you are getting into then go and get it.

Good luck

Last edited:
The Sony A3000 is a mirrorless camera ... it's a hybrid body of a DLR body with the innards of a NEX ... E-mount.
The A58 is their SLT ... A-mount.

The a3000 isn't even an SLR-it's a mirrorless. It uses E-mount lenses. Those lenses are... not cheap. The better option for a budget, in my opinion, would be the a58 as it uses the standard A-mount and can utilize legacy lenses from the Minolta Maxxum days, stuff like the 70-210 beercan and 28-135 "Secret Handshake," and a bunch of constant aperture zooms for dirt cheap.

If you are actually talking about the Sony SLT-A58 ... it is not a bad camera. Physically I don't like it but it's sensor is pretty good for the price.
Recommendations are not easy to give, as you have not stated what you want in a camera and how much you want to pay.

K. Awesome. All I needed to know. We were thinking the same thing. Otherwise, how could you buy 20.1 MP that cheap.?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back