Sony Alpha A550 compare to Canon EOS 50D , Canon 500D?What's to choose?????

nata77777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!;)
Could somebody help me with choise?
I just want not extremely expensive camera to beginning with..
thanks for help:drool:

I would go with the Canon 50D easy. You will get the most features and strongest build of the three and with the new models coming out by far the best deal on price. I love mine, it's built like a tank and has never let me down yet.

I would go with the Canon 50D easy. You will get the most features and strongest build of the three and with the new models coming out by far the best deal on price. I love mine, it's built like a tank and has never let me down yet.

Did you try Sony A550?

I'm in a similar position.... Except I'm desiding between, Canon 550D ( DEFFINETLY better then 500D)... or the upcomming 60D (end of september) I just don't know if I can wait that long! I heard 50D is very good, but it may be some buyers regret as 60D is comming out late september, and it will have video...

Canon 60D Canon Rumors

Sorry I don't know much about the Sony.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2VbOtr8-58[/ame]

Did you try Sony A550?

I have looked at them at camera shops ( I have a friend who owns one so I get to play with lots of stuff =) )and have read reviews but never owned one. Sony image quality is not very high in my opinion I have seen several models with off color and tons of noise and there button layouts and menus are terrible. Sony still has a lot of work to do in order to get there SLR's up to par with the others. Right now the camera it this price range I think is the best going on would be the Pentax K7. I would love to get one of them, but need to build up my Canon set up first plus who knows how long they will be in the game.

I'm in a similar position.... Except I'm desiding between, Canon 550D ( DEFFINETLY better then 500D)... or the upcomming 60D (end of september) I just don't know if I can wait that long! I heard 50D is very good, but it may be some buyers regret as 60D is comming out late september, and it will have video...

Canon 60D Canon Rumors

Sorry I don't know much about the Sony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2VbOtr8-58

I love the 50D and so far have heard nothing to make me think the 60D would be a better camera. I wish it had better high ISO quality as it cant touch my old D90, but I seldom go past 200 anyways so not to much of a trouble. The 60D seems more along the lines of the rebel series rather than a pro camera like the 50D is now if it's FF I might take a look again at it but from Canonrumors site I dont think it will be. I am upgrading soon and more then likly Ill be going 7D or another 50D but I want that video so...

i think,i ll go with 550(i just made a mistake,
first time i wrote 500,sorry..)because a lighter camera is -my preference..
Tamron wii be ok?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back