Sony Alpha a6000 worth it to buy now?

ahmeds6221

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm an amateur photographer and was looking into mirrorless cameras. The reviews and price were great for the sony a6000, so I bought an open box on best buy today.

I'm not sure if I made the best decision...
- is $600 total worth it for an open-box best buy a6000?
- are there are other affordable mirrorless cameras that are better?

Please reply asap - I am going on a trip to Cuba next week and would like to make a purchase ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm an amateur photographer and was looking into mirrorless cameras. The reviews and price were great for the sony a6000, so I bought an open box on best buy today.

I'm not sure if I made the best decision...
- is $600 total worth it for an open-box best buy a6000?
- are there are other affordable mirrorless cameras that are better?

Please reply asap - I am going on a trip to Cuba next week and would like to make a purchase ASAP.

Thanks.

so you bought a camera and lens and wondering if it's 'totally worth it" before taking a trip next week
have you used the camera and do the pics look good?

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Hey ahmeds.

How did your trip go, photographically speaking?

I was in a similar situation sometime ago. I had been using DSLR's for a while but they (and the lens bag) don't travel particularly well. So I decided I'd like to try a mirrorless as a travel alternative but since it was going to be an experiment I didn't want to break the bank. I settled on the NEX 5R.

Used it with the kit lenses for a little while, then discovered the mirrorless body opens up a whole new world of re-purposing old film lenses. So the experimenting continues.

I think you got a great "gun" for a good price. It's probably the best (or very near to it, at least) you're going to do as far as APS-C is concerned.

Can you share some of your shots from the trip?

Most reactions

Back