Sony Cinema Line FR7 Remote Control E-Mount Camera

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of those events that, in the long run, does "change everything", but it takes time, so I don't see reason to drop everything and re-arrange your life around it. Sony has created a professional grade (full frame) remote control camera with an interchangeable lens mount and control system (right down to touchscreen pads and desk control sets). So many Pro studios will likely be built around this technology eventually. If you are a small studio (maybe 1 - 5 people), then you can use this technology to increase your productivity. But some people will adapt to it better than others, and there is more to photography or videography, than just the tools.

"Product Announcement of Cinema Line FR7 | Sony | α [Subtitle available in 21 languages]",
Posted Sep 6, 2022 by "Sony | Camera Channel" [length 13:58 -- pretty long]
""

I have looked further at this camera announcement and found a YouTube video by CVP that puts it more fully into context, and I think it is worth watching. First, "PTZ" cameras ("pan, tilt, zoom") are further along than I thought. Actually that is not hard because all tech keeps "moving along" and I have not been watching this space closely. So this camera is more "evolutionary" than revolutionary. But I still think it looks like a significant leap. The big leap is the fact that it is full frame. The big caveat is the interfacing. The intro video used a lot of people who had not used a PTZ camera before, and I think they were emphasizing that it was reasonably learnable by general photographers. And that is something that can only be judged when you try it yourself. The following is a video by CVP who have experience with this technology. On the one hand, it does look like Sony feels they have made a leap. But again, it is something you will have to learn yourself:

"Who Is Sony's New FR7 Cinematography Robotic Camera For!?",
posted Sep 7, 2022 by "CVP", [length 18:40]
""

Most reactions

New Topics

Back