Sony compatability?

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Sony a100 and a Minolta 5200i flash. Now the flash contacts look exactly the same as on sony body, and it clips on just fine. are these compatable? could i blow my camera by trying it?

you shouldn't blow it. I've used a no name brand flash on my XT without problems...and it's just a single contact...

this is a 4 contact and it does fit on my camera. but it wont flash when i shoot. my camera is recognizing it, and the infrared light was lighting up now its not doing anything. Am i missing something? Do i have to change something on the camera to let it know im using a different flash? or do something on the flash setting on the flash?

hmm..not too sure about your personal setup. When I turned my flash on, it just worked. The camera automatically will use the flash.

Are the batteries fresh?
Do you hear the capacitor charging? (whining noise)

hmm..not too sure about your personal setup. When I turned my flash on, it just worked. The camera automatically will use the flash.

Are the batteries fresh?
Do you hear the capacitor charging? (whining noise)
Thats what I thought? I always just clipped it on and snapped away. I never had one with all these options on it though. No whining noise. But it did work on my 35mm b4 the batt died on the cam. the batteries in the flash are new.I called sony and they said it will work on my cam, but not recommended cause of timing issues or something. I think just another way 2 scam more $$$ out of people

Ok I just read a review on the A-100 and it [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] also tested the Minolta 5200i flash.It does function, but ADI doesn't work. what is ADI? Well I got it 2 work!!!! I had a bum set of batteries(right out of the box!) anywhoo anyone know what ADI is? Sideburns?
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Ok I just read a review on the A-100 and it [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] also tested the Minolta 5200i flash.It does function, but ADI doesn't work. what is ADI? Well I got it 2 work!!!! I had a bum set of batteries(right out of the box!) anywhoo anyone know what ADI is? Sideburns?
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

It's minolta's method of flash metering.

Glad you got it working.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back