Sony dcs-H50(choice)

Martines93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all !

I want to buy a new camera. I think about Sony DSC-H50 but i don't know whether is it a good choice.

If it's not so, what camera should I buy?

I've got about 400$ to spend

Help me :D!!

Sorry for my English ;D

get a nikon d40 stick to the good names when your getting into photography... sony is not a good name, its just a name.. nikon and canon are the standard.. and you can get a base model for around 400

Name isn't important :D I only want to have a good camera for dilettante of photography.

D40 mhhh maybe is a good choice but I'm not sure about this one.

So, dsc-h50 is a bad choice. isn't it??

If you want a point and shoot, but still want some of the versatility of owning a DSLR than why not the Canon G10. It's $499 with free shipping! :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-G10-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B001G5ZTPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1223644922&sr=1-1[/ame]

i dont think anyone is saying whether it's "good" or not. I think the point is that if you're going to spend that much money on a camera, you might as well spend a little more and get a d-slr, if you are looking to get into amateur/hobby photography.

But then again, it depends on what you are looking for. if you are looking for portability, and convenience, and ease of use, you want a p&S. If you want to get into photography, you want to be able to control every aspect of your exposure, so you go with a d-slr...and the quality of the pictures is also superior w/ a d-slr.

But it's hard to tell what you want, since the model you chose, the dsc-h50, is a zoom p&s, but it's not exactly tiny and portable. So it seems you would be fine w/ a big bodied d-slr, but the camera you're looking at isn't close to one.

If it were me, I would rather spend a little extra and get the d-slr.

i bought the H10 for my wife a couple months ago, and she loves it.
she's not as into photography as i am, but she def shoots a lot, and likes the ease of a P&S, but also can play with the advanced features. she does some video stuff too, and it puts out decent video.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8757286&type=product&id=1202650191119

so if you dont want to deal with lenses and what-not, i think it;s a good choice. (the H10 seems to be on sale right now if you wanna save youself some scratch...that extra mega pixel aint worth $100 as far as im concerned...but i might be biased) :D

If it were me, I would rather spend a little extra and get the d-slr.

So, should i buy Nikon D40, whether something more professional than it?

if you like the sony products
they do have some good DSLR
a100, A200, A700

I have the A350 and i am happy with it.
there is some good lens options out there.
Not as good as the Nikon or Canon
but its a matter of time before they catch up

just my opinion.. but i,m a newbie so i dont know much

I made a decision.

I will buy Nikon D40. I think is the best choice(for me, and for dilettante who has got only about $400 to spend).

Maybe 6.1 Mp isn't a lot but i think it is sufficiently for beginner like me. I will buy a better camera when I will be eighteen.

Thank you for help and see you soon on forum.

thd d40 will do you nicely from all the examples i've seen coming from them. Welcome to this highly adictive world.

Most reactions

Back