Sony or Canon?; General Purpose and Macro...

The Nikon D7x00 line is outstanding. Fantastic sensors and feature set. Definitely an improvement over their d3400 in every way. The question is whether you would need any of the extra features or if you’d be better served with the more basic camera. I don’t know the differences well enough to know if there are any features that would benefit macro work.

I still have to go to the store and handle some in person but unless I just don't like them when I see them, Nikons are looking like the best to me because of both sensor quality and affordable lens selection.

By what increments can you adjust ISO on a digital camera? I am seeing crazy numbers on dxomark like 2956 or 2853. Are the settings so digitally precise? It has been so long I can't remember how it was on my Rebel I had years ago.

No, they aren’t that precise. Those numbers are sort of averages of how high those sensors can go before it becomes too noisy to be usable. The higher numbers represent a better sensor, but the camera itself will go 100-200-400-800, etc, and some of the higher end ones will have 1/3 stops inbetween. But it doesn’t go to specific numbers.

Nikon’s a great company. If I ever wanted a DSLR instead of mirrorless, the d7500 is what I would go with.

Most reactions

Back