Sony RX10 IV?

Breaktheory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had just posted previously considering the purchase of a D5600 w 18-300 lens - someone on another forum actually just suggested this sony “bridge camera” from what I can tell it’s an all in one solution - what would the drawbacks of such a camera over the Nikon be (this is for a safari trip)

I had just posted previously considering the purchase of a D5600 w 18-300 lens - someone on another forum actually just suggested this sony “bridge camera” from what I can tell it’s an all in one solution - what would the drawbacks of such a camera over the Nikon be (this is for a safari trip)

I don’t know anything about this first hand but wow great reviews on this camera.

Any TPF members tried this one and can comment for the OP?

It's probably a good camera but keep in mind, Sony is often reviewed by affiliate linked reviewers. Smaller sensor is what first comes to mind. I have used a less speck'd bridge camera and have got good results. The one advantage to the Nikon is the ability to install high end glass on it. I never liked Sony colors, especially on people so there is that but it is a personal thing I suppose. Looking at the specks, the lens is rather slow zoomed out a little but not a deal breaker. Looks like the lens is sharp in the center at all focal lengths, so the image stabilization is very good. Video seems very good. I see it has an aperture ring where the clicks can be turned off for video, that's a nice touch. No built in ND filter, that kind of surprised me. It's expensive but not as much if you were to by a system camera and a few lenses. It's probably the ultimate consumer travel camera. I would think for non pixel peeping shooters, this camera would certainly delight.

Thanks for checking it out for me!

It certainly seems to have less of a learning curve than a DSLR so if the purpose is to get great photos on this trip I feel like even with the best lens on the best DSLR the quality would be wasted if I weren’t setting up the shots correctly - it seems the sony may take out a lot of this guesswork

Thanks for checking it out for me!

It certainly seems to have less of a learning curve than a DSLR so if the purpose is to get great photos on this trip I feel like even with the best lens on the best DSLR the quality would be wasted if I weren’t setting up the shots correctly - it seems the sony may take out a lot of this guesswork

Please come back and review your experience with this camera and share some shots of your trip!

Howdy! Did you got with this camera? A buddy of mine is a Sony fan (well, at least I can say of all his Sony stuff at his home) and I came over to plan our Colorado mountains trip and install the new rack plus the access tonneau cover on his truck. The Rx10 IV is looking good to me as well.

Most reactions

Back