Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilviaF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, beautiful people!
I am not looking for cameras with super powers but I am quite convinced I'll go for a RX100 for the quality-to-size ratio.
Now, I have recently found a second-hand RX100M1 at around €200 and my question is: Is there any better camera out there I could buy with the same budget or can this model still compete with newer models in other series/brands?

it takes just as good a picture now as it did when it was the newest model out. if you thought you would be happy with it when it was the newest thing out then you should be pleased with it now.

it takes just as good a picture now as it did when it was the newest model out. if you thought you would be happy with it when it was the newest thing out then you should be pleased with it now.
Thanks @pixmedic
I would probably be happy with it now. But it's a comparison with other cameras that I am intentioned to look at. In fact, my question was more 'money' oriented: would a budget of about 250 euros be better spent on other/new models (and other brands) nowadays?

I have the RX100iii & the RX100iv and are great little cameras. I did look awhile back on selling the iii one and used ones were going for $300. That same price for the RX100i seems high being the first version.

I have the RX100iii & the RX100iv and are great little cameras. I did look awhile back on selling the iii one and used ones were going for $300. That same price for the RX100i seems high being the first version.
Hi CherylL! Thanks for you reply! Unfortunately I was unable to find the iii one at anything less than €400. Do you maybe have any suggestions on where I could buy a good second-hand one? I am mostly relying on local (Dutch) online markteplaces. But maybe there are also bigger online resellers? Thanks! :)

Hi CherylL! Thanks for you reply! Unfortunately I was unable to find the iii one at anything less than €400. Do you maybe have any suggestions on where I could buy a good second-hand one? I am mostly relying on local (Dutch) online markteplaces. But maybe there are also bigger online resellers? Thanks! :)

You may find used at your local camera shop. I picked up an X-T2 used at my local shop. If you have a big box store in your country, they may have "open box" cameras on discount. I've bought 2 cameras as open box. FB pages here in the U.S. have used cameras, but buyer beware.

Most reactions

Back