Sony set to announce full-frame mirrorless cameras!

I was wondering what you were talking about when you said sony was about to release a full frame mirrorless line cause the a99 is a FF mirrorless, but this is referring to E-mount.

Looks nice. Im wondering what price range this will come in at. Looks a lot like the RX1 but with interchangeable lenses.

Ummm...the Sony a99 has a mirror in it...View attachment 58113 Sony refers to it as part #8, "Mirror".

I meant "mirrorless" in the sense of an interchangeable lens electronic viewfinder camera that has NO mirror inside of it...

This camera might really be nifty.I'm anxious to see how it fares, how it's designed, what people think of it. I hope the price is aggressive, and not something ridiculous like $2,999 for the 36 MP model. cough...cough...

Oh I saw they actually had a price listed, $1700 - 2200

Nice !

Sony seems to be on it's way to shake things up in the photo industry. I keeps finding Sony sponsored contest, interesting new product like the stand alone lens and sensor for your phone and now this.

I'm curious to see if and how Canikon will react the these.

It's retro, but it totally reminds me of things like what's in my avatar. Looks pretty awesome to me, actually. And from the very little (but all positive) I've heard about Sony FF cameras, it looks to be a great deal. Makes me wonder a bit about the future possibility of the A88, though.

Nice !

Sony seems to be on it's way to shake things up in the photo industry. I keeps finding Sony sponsored contest, interesting new product like the stand alone lens and sensor for your phone and now this.

I'm curious to see if and how Canikon will react the these.

Don't say that. Canikon is so innocence.

ID like to see them put more development into lenses..... but who am I but a customer.

????? Have you ever used the Zeiss Sonnar series lenses? They are pretty top notch. However they could use some more offerings in the 500-600mm range and a tiltshift would be nice.

Maybe I'm crazy, but there are some things in my life that I DON'T want to be small (MINDS OUT THE GUTTER!). My camera is one of them. I like the big, bulky and heavy piece of equipment that it is. I love the technology and the gear behind photography as much as the actual act of photographing people and things. I don't ever see myself going to one of these things. If I wanted a small camera I would have stayed with my P&S.

Big bulky heavy .. no

Appropriately, practically, and functionally sized... yes.

Most of today's DSLRs are bigger than the professional SLRs of years past...

I'm more interested in the lenses in this new Sony lineup. More so than the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back