Sony to stop producing DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the D4 is a copy of a Sony camera that is exactly what he's saying. Come on don't be ridculous. Why do you guy keep baiting these trolls? As ridculous as Skiuer and Argy get, you and O Hey Tyler are getting just as disruptive.

:lol: You may be right, but I get sick of complete FAKES coming onto the internet showing us test charts all the time. Argie only takes photographs when it's warm outside and SKIER is a professional photographer WITHOUT a website or any form of evidence that he is a working pro apart from bizarre stories.

And Nikon Josh who like sending private message to young men, and get mad if ignored. lol...

Nyehehehehehehe! lol lol lol lol

:lol: You may be right, but I get sick of complete FAKES coming onto the internet showing us test charts all the time. Argie only takes photographs when it's warm outside and SKIER is a professional photographer WITHOUT a website or any form of evidence that he is a working pro apart from bizarre stories.

And Nikon Josh who like sending private message to young men, and get mad if ignored. lol...

Nyehehehehehehe! lol lol lol lol

Funny ha? More like creepy.... lol

I'm not even sure I want mirrorless cameras. I love the feeling of holding a DSLR in my hands and hearing the "chickuck" of the mirror. That's all part of the awesomeness.

I'm not even sure I want mirrorless cameras. I love the feeling of holding a DSLR in my hands and hearing the "chickuck" of the mirror. That's all part of the awesomeness.

That's what I said about the film advance lever.... even had one on a digital camera once (Epson R-D1)....

I got really strange looks from people when I said that. Especially from the younger photogs who have never had the pleasure of shooting film w/ a manual camera.

PS> Micro 4 3 cameras still have shutters so you still get that noise of affirmation.... unlike many P&S.

Soo now your claiming that Nikon and Canon have copied Sony in the past? Get a grip of yourself, Man! The new D4 is a copy is it? I don't know why your posts always have to go the route of downhill skiing.

Gee, your posts demonstrate your ignorance! Where do you think LIVE VIEW came from??...Sony

skieur

Care to cite facts on that?

From wikipedia:

The first DSLR to use live view for framing preview only was the fixed-lens Olympus E-10 from 2000. The first interchangeable-lens DSLR to use a live preview was the Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro, which was launched in October 2004.[SUP][2][/SUP] Its "Live Image" mode could display a live, black-and-white preview of the subject that could be magnified for manual focusing purposes, although the preview was limited to a duration of thirty seconds.[SUP][3][/SUP] It was followed in early 2005 by the Canon EOS 20Da, a special version of the Canon EOS 20D with modifications for astrophotography, which included a similar focus preview feature.

Well, now you want to argue over definitions. Live View is colour, on/off switch, autofocus and exposure simulation. Anything else is just PREVIEW function. Actually I believe the first camera with live view was Minolta in 2003.

Nevertheless before 2008, there were only a few cameras with limited versions of the PREVIEW mode limited version of "live view". Suddenly after the advent of a true live view on the Sony A300, Nikon and Canon started incorporating some version of live view on almost all their cameras because the marketplace demanded it and it was included as a review issue in photo magazine evaluations.
Sony is still regarded as having the best implimentation of a full live view system.

skieur

Yes the D4 is a copy of a Sony camera that is exactly what he's saying. Come on don't be ridculous. Why do you guy keep baiting these trolls? As ridculous as Skiuer and Argy get, you and O Hey Tyler are getting just as disruptive.

Josh, since you CAN'T EVEN SPELL or TYPE CORRECTLY, for the third time it is SKIEUR SKIEUR SKIEUR, you could not find a web site if you tripped over it.
:lmao::lmao:

SKIEUR

Josh, since you CAN'T EVEN SPELL or TYPE CORRECTLY, for the third time it is SKIEUR SKIEUR SKIEUR, you could not find a web site if you tripped over it.
:lmao::lmao:

SKIEUR

Yep! And as I have told you on many occasions.. to ME you are the 'Downhill Skier' of this forum. So I now know you as SKIER! :lol: Your posts seem to go down a very slippery slope! Provide us with some photos that actually show that you are PRO photographer? Please? You claim to be a pro, back it up please.

To the original point. I honestly believe that eventually there will be no moving parts within the camera body. This just seems like the way technology goes. Look at how far things have come since the first DSLRs, and that's a really short timeframe. It may take a few false starts, but it will happen.

To the original point. I honestly believe that eventually there will be no moving parts within the camera body. This just seems like the way technology goes. Look at how far things have come since the first DSLRs, and that's a really short timeframe. It may take a few false starts, but it will happen.

You are absolutely correct, and that is the direction of technology. Any pro who wants to be successful stays ahead of change and is not obsessed by the past.

skieur

Well, when either Nikon or Canon put out a REAL and "Professionally Useful" implementation of this technology, then the "PRO's" will probably start taking it seriously.... :)

Well, when either Nikon or Canon put out a REAL and "Professionally Useful" implementation of this technology, then the "PRO's" will probably start taking it seriously.... :)

The same pros who are starting to take film and black and white seriously.:lol:

skieur

You are absolutely correct, and that is the direction of technology. Any pro who wants to be successful stays ahead of change and is not obsessed by the past.

skieur

I don't want to get into the argument, but that's like saying that the gear is what makes the photographer...

I know several portrait photographers who use large format view cameras. Does that make them less of a pro because their camera doesn't have everything and the kitchen sink? Nope. It just means that they are more deliberate and skillful than probably 70% of DSLR/DSLT users.

The same pros who are starting to take film and black and white seriously.:lol:

skieur

There are still lots of pro's shooting film

Yes, there are. I am by no means a pro myself, but even I am on the lookout for a good film body (FM2 or FM3A, or even a Leica if I can find one that I can afford). But the market for the big manufacturers is to sell lots of DSLRs to as wide a base as possible and to reduce manufacturing complexity in the interests of profit, time and reliability. At some stage, electronics and software will take over from mechanics, as they have in many other areas, and then moving shutters and mirrors will gradually become obsolete - they are already considered the "weak" point of the system (they are, after all, the main limiting factor for the maker's guarantee).

That may be the case, but it won't be for much longer. Anyone can process film in their own darkroom, but without a viable source of film and paper that arena of photography is doomed. It may take a while longer but at some point the manufacturers are going to see it as a profitless direction and the sources of film and paper will dry up. Kodachrome is gone, Ektachrome is going, and there will be more to follow. I'm of the opinion that those who claimed that digital would replace film were the only ones that ever got a photographic rumor correct.

I'm also of the opinion that at some point mirrorless cameras will take over the market and the SLR as we know it will fade away. It won't be any time soon but it is inevitable that it will happen sooner or later. Decades ago, when reflex cameras came into being, they were the only viable method for seeing what the lens actually seeing. The other alternative were "View Cameras" in which the film was put in place after the camera was focused. These days, what does it really matter? Does it matter in the slightest whether what we see through the viewfinder is actually through the lens or if it is an electronic "Copy" of what is on the sensor? After all, that electronic "Copy" is what is actually going to be the final image so in reality the mirrorless cameras are providing a more true representation of what the final captured image will look like.

As to whether or not Sony will end production of DSLR cameras, all I can say is that if they do it will REALLY piss off both of the people who bought one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back