Sony Users??????

nitrocole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just wondering who uses sony and also wonder ur opiniona about the a350?????????

One of the cameras I use is a Sony A350 as well. The version of live view is very fast and easy to use and helpful as an alternative viewfinder for high or low position shots, as well as for street photography. Autofocus is very fast and sensitive. Faster than most at this level. I have noticed picture noise in some but not all shots at high ISO such as 1600 or above but it is low level and easily filtered out with Noiseware Professional.

By the way Sony G lenses, Zeiss lenses, and rebranded or genuine Minolta lenses would be better than kit lenses for quality on this camera.

skieur

After doing the research I went with the A300 and I love it. 350 has more mp on the same sensor making the images more grainy. aside from that because of the larger mp on the same sensor your continuous shooting is slightly slower.. 2.5sps vs 3 sps... not much of a difference but i notice it.. my step brother has the 350.. other than that they are identical.. and unless your going to be printing larger pictures the 300 is better..
Joe

Edit: My set up consist of..
Sony Alpha 300 (10.2mp), Sony 18mm-70mm(f3.5-5.6), Minolta 50mm(f1.7), Sony 55mm-200mm(f4-5.6), Sony 75mm-300mm(f4.5-5.6), Kenko Extension Tubes 12mm 20mm & 36mm, Sony HVL-F36AM (external flash), and a Targus 66" Tripod which does me justice

Last edited:
I have an a100 and an a350. LOVE my a100! So far I've used it with a standard 18-70 lens and 75-300 and just started (as in TODAY) shooting with a 28-85.

I bought the a350 about a week ago and am still waiting for it, but have used other's cameras and have been really pleased with the results.

Now if I only knew what all the technical stuff with the camera meant! :lol:

Sooooo glad to see a few other Sony users out here!

Sooooo glad to see a few other Sony users out here!

i can tell you i love my sony and i see a few people who are more for nikons some more for canons.. thought i wasnt gonna see ne1 else using a sony.. so im glade to see others as well..

i love sony and there just as good as nikon and cannon and there much more affordable!!!! anyone considering purchasing the new a380 when it comes out????? -cole rokosky

i love sony and there just as good as nikon and cannon and there much more affordable!!!! anyone considering purchasing the new a380 when it comes out????? -cole rokosky

The A380 is basically an A350 in a smaller package with a few cosmetic changes such as the bronze colour option. The basic rule of thumb is that quality glass becomes more important with the 350 and 380. Sony G lenses, Zeiss lenses and 2.8 zooms are the most appropriate for both of these models.

skieur

I just got a A300 and I love the camera. It does everything I need the camera to do, and them some. Hope to start posting pictures soon.

Your statement is relative to what is needed. Overall I would say no they are not better. I would say the give Nikon And Canon a run for the money but not better. You have to realize that the 6000+ price tag on the top Canon And Nikon models is not just to make a lot of money. I will say Sony has really come up quick. I am actually considering the A900... or waiting for the next model. I was looking into a D3 but I think the A900 would be good for what I want. Any A900 users out there?

I use and am very happy with the a350, however it's really the only dslr I've used to any extent so I don't have much to compare it to. It takes really nice pictures, the only thing I've noticed is that there's quite a bit of noise in lower light situations (as there would be with most entry level cameras).

Check out my portfolio - every picture was taken with the a350.

Derek Branscombe on the Behance Network

I can go into more detail about the camera later, if you wish.

Good luck,
Derek

My wife and I have a Sony a100 (she had Minolta film AF equipment so we just carried on with that).
I have not used any of the other models.

I am satisfied with the images I get from this camera.
I do not shoot at high ISO (which is the biggest complaint of the Sony camera's).

I have invested in mid quality lenses (I cannot afford the G's) and I can see a difference from the kit lenses.
- Sigma AF 14mm f/3.5
- Minolta AF 50mm f/1.7
- Sigma AF 50mm f/2.8 macro
- Sigma AF 300mm f/4.0 APO macro
- Sigma AF 400mm f/5.6 APO
- Minolta AF 28-135mm f/4-4.5

The Minolta AF 28-135mm is one of the best zoom lenses I have ever used (I prefer primes, but I like to have one zoom in my kit).

I am waiting for Sony to make an upgrade to the a700 as I like the physical properties of the body ... viewfinder, dual control wheels, body material (hopefully they will keep that and just upgrade the CMOS sensor). I am not too keen on how they have made the newer camera's (physically).
To me the body is just the mechanical part that holds the sensor ...

Most reactions

Back