Soo what's wrong with "safe"? lol

way to let the men of tpf take this thread THERE, Mishele. lol but you can push my limits anytime ;)

WHOA!!! Talk about opening Pandora's box!! :lmao:
Sharon, you just let me know when your limits need to be pushed.

Yeah, I'll do that...let me just check my calendar... :lmao:

This is gonna get WAY too deep for me, very soon! I think I'll just get my warm milk and cookies and trundle off to bed in my little flannel pj's. :biglaugh:

Sharon, you just let me know when your limits need to be pushed.

This is gonna get WAY too deep for me, very soon! I think I'll just get my warm milk and cookies and trundle off to bed in my little flannel pj's. :biglaugh:

No wine tonight, Sharon?

Nothing but a Sonic Cherry Limeade. Shoulda had a whole bottle tonight though...been one of them days. The rest of a tree that fell a couple of weeks ago came down in a storm...onto my neighbor's house...youngest son came over to survey the damage and take pictures, but then told me he's lost his phone. So I gave him MY phone to take pictures with, it slipped out of his hand, fell about three feet onto nice, soft grass...and the screen shattered. Ended up with a trip to the phone store to buy him a new phone (same cost as the insurance deductible because his contract was WAY up anyway) and spent $100 on the deductible to get MY phone replaced through insurance. FUN day...

Sorry about the derail, mrstommy...but on the other hand, I guess I'm kinda explaining why "safe" seems good to me tonight... :D

No wine tonight, Sharon?

Nothing but a Sonic Cherry Limeade. Shoulda had a whole bottle tonight though...been one of them days. The rest of a tree that fell a couple of weeks ago came down in a storm...onto my neighbor's house...youngest son came over to survey the damage and take pictures, but then told me he's lost his phone. So I gave him MY phone to take pictures with, it slipped out of his hand, fell about three feet onto nice, soft grass...and the screen shattered. Ended up with a trip to the phone store to buy him a new phone (same cost as the insurance deductible because his contract was WAY up anyway) and spent $100 on the deductible to get MY phone replaced through insurance. FUN day...

Sorry about the derail, mrstommy...but on the other hand, I guess I'm kinda explaining why "safe" seems good to me tonight... :D
You just made me drink more...hehe

No wine tonight, Sharon?

You just made me drink more...hehe

:lmao:

"Safe" can get pretty boring...

Too much excitement can kill ya though. I guess I'm ok with "interesting"... but I'll still pass on hiding in poison sumac and running from hornets .. :lmao:

It took way too much effort to type that.

How ya been Jeep? Long time no see. :)

There is nothing wrong with "safe". It just depends on the kind of person you are. Let us replace the word "safe" with average. Will you be content with being an "average" photographer? I personally needed to be challenged and pushed when I got to a certain level to really start moving on to the next level. I had amazing mentors that did just that for me. Once I was far out of my comfort zone was when I really started seeing my ideas in my head come together in camera. It only got better from this point on and things just started falling into place. The idea of being average is something that will carry over in every aspect of ones life. So...do you want to be average? (OP..I am speaking in general and not directly at you. Didn't want you to think I was directing this toward you specifically. Just opening a discussion :))

That makes two of us... I'm Josh too, and got a good buzz on

Yeah, somewhere between "safe" and "running for your life" there's probably a nice middle of the road sort of thing.

When I see "safe" (in quotes, and in a photography context), I tend to interpret that as "inoffensive", in which case, it's boring. I'm sure it's possible to do something safe that isn't boring, but it sure is a lot harder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back