SOOC 3 month old baby

mommy-medic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm babysitting this sweetie tonight. Her parents were gracious enough to let me practice by baby shooting on her as a newborn. I couldn't resist taking a couple pics tonight. I've been working on "getting it right" in the camera. It was about 6:30 p.m. and the light was fading fast. I took her outfit off, put a boppy pillow under the fitted sheet of my bed, and had my daughter hold the top sheet up behind her. This is SOOC- all I did was crop and resize (unless you count my lightroom settings during export as editing- it resized for web). I am beyond happy with the results. I will probably do a little pp on it (it looks a tee tad cool to me), but I wanted to share this and get some feedback.

000_8326 by awaagen, on Flickr

Excellent impromptu shooting method and results!!! I like the big window catchlights in the baby's eyes...good expression too! it is a tad cool, but still, very nicely done! You deserve to be happy with this quality of a result!

Thank you so much~ This picture just makes me want to go "squeeeeee" and do the happy dance! It's as if all that reading and practicing, learning, clicking, deleting, composing... it all just fell into place tonight, and I even surprised myself. !!!! If it weren't for the resources here that I've learned by reading and reading and trying and reading, I couldn't be sitting here with a goofy grin on my face. Thank you!!

Fab shot, well done

LOVELY, ETHERIAL LOOK.
The best way to gauge 'coolness' is to look at the sclera; babies often have a light greyish tinge but shouldn't have the definite bluish tinge.
A little warming and this is exquisite.

Wow. Great shot of a beautiful baby!

I would have never guessed that was a bed sheet! I too used the boppy for photos this weekend, gotta love those things!

Very nicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back