Sooo... I face the following problem..

DragosP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Substantial change colors when I look at the same picture on different monitors; whether it is mobilephone, tablet, LCD, PC monitors, etc. ..

For example, I'am taking one of the pictures that need to be processed(I use PS CS6), processed to the final stage, i save the image as jpeg and after that i look at it to check if everything is good .. on the monitor that i work i see the picture like i want it, but if i put the picture on the tablet, phone, other PC monitor's, laptop etc. it is a big change in the colours.. the weird part is that if I look at pictures of some other photographers and look at them on difrent monitor, phone, laptop etc the diffrence is really small compare to my pictures.. why is this happening?

Thank you, and sorry for my bad english...

You need to insure that you are embedding a color space into the image. Preferably an sRGB color space for internet applications. I do not know how to do that in Photoshop but I do know that it can be done.

Never apologize for your English. Your English is far better than my Romanian since I can not speak a word of your language so you have NOTHING to apologize for.

Two words - Color Managment

The web and most electronic devices only display the sRGB colorspace accurately.
If your image is in the Adobe RGB or ProPhotoRGB color spaces a sRGBG device won't render the colors accurately.
Tutorials on Color Management & Printing

Check the color space of the image(s) and also check to see if a color profile is embedded in the image file.

Open the image in CS 6, Clock on Edit > Convert to Profile. That will show you the colorspace the image is in (Source Space) and will give you many options for the output (Destination Space).

Some of the browsers used on the Internet, phones, etc are not color aware and don't respond to an embedded profile.

As far as computer/laptop displays, each has to be regularly calibrated to accurately render colors. Even if your display is calibrated, any image you look at on it will look somewhat different than on most other calibrated displays particularly if the ambient light falling on the displays are different.

SourceDestination_zpsa3378be2.png

THANK's !.. As i can see i use sRGB, and as browser i use google chrome, I understand that each computer display is different, etc. But i don;t undersand this thing :

1. I take my image ( the same room, ambient light etc), i open it on several device's ( 3-4 diffrent computer;s,2 laptop;s, 2 smartphones), on all of them there is a really big diffrence (at the skin color or at the background or more/less saturated)
2 I take some image from the internet of a good photographer that i like his work, I open it on the same device;s ; but the difference is allmost un seeable.

This is typically what happens when an image does not have an embedded color space. The computer that is displaying the photograph does not know what color space was used to create the image so it uses the default color space for the computer.

Just because you are USING sRGB in Photoshop does not necessarily mean that when you SAVE an image it is embedding the color space in the image.

THANK's !.. As i can see i use sRGB, and as browser i use google chrome, I understand that each computer display is different, etc. But i don;t undersand this thing :

1. I take my image ( the same room, ambient light etc), i open it on several device's ( 3-4 diffrent computer;s,2 laptop;s, 2 smartphones), on all of them there is a really big diffrence (at the skin color or at the background or more/less saturated)
2 I take some image from the internet of a good photographer that i like his work, I open it on the same device;s ; but the difference is allmost un seeable.

What color space do you have your camera set to capture in?

Most reactions

Back