soot

chim chim charoo!
"Codeword in the gay community for a back alley blowjob on a drunk straight guy.
I'm taking this guy out back for a little of the ole chim chim charoo."

hm... welll.. I learned something new...

ty I guess!

:)

what?
um..I guess I learned something new too....
wherever you live, its got some weird language...
you have officially ruined my memory of a great childhood movie.
I was thinking....

oh no!

you can't get away with that!

look at this Urban dictionary chim chim charoo

LOL

my reference was far more relevant!
soot? chimney sweep?
stupid fake dictionary...

well

you know I have to google everything :)

it's not my fault!

but I get a big laugh out of this so everything is fine :)

but by far most of the google results are about the original meaning from Mary Poppins. jeez...

medic223 said:
Yes, I was talking about the bright center directly behind his head. I guess the light was just more focused in one spot behind him that I'm used to seeing. I was taught the same as Derrel with the gradient on the background I just remembered it as a circle that the light fell off from like in my avatar pic.

Yeah, if a round, parabolic reflector is used, it often has a nice, rounded edge to the beam. If a speedlight is used from fairly close to a wall or a background fabric or seamless paper, it tends to make more of a rectilinear-shaped pattern on the background. If the flash is turned on it side, so the narrow beam spread goes straight up and down, it tends to light up the background in a narrow, but somewhat tall shape, then it falls off very abruptly at the top and bottom, a lot like in the post from mmaria. If the beam angle is set to a tele-angle, like the 85mm zoom position or whatever, the spread of the beam, is pretty narrow. How wide the area covered ends up being depends on how far away the flash is, what the beam's angle is set to, and how powerful the flash is. If anybody wishes to make this type of background, this is about what it looks like with the flash set perpendicular to the wall, and aimed from about the mid-back height of the subject, straight at the wall from about three feet at lowish power on tele-zoom. Lights up the paper, then a sharp, abrupt 5-stop fade to dark.

chim chim charoo!
"Codeword in the gay community for a back alley blowjob on a drunk straight guy.

ty I guess!

what?
I was thinking....

oh no!

LOL

soot? chimney sweep?

well

it's not my fault!

but by far most of the google results are about the original meaning from Mary Poppins. jeez...

Ok @pixmedic and @vfotog , this is really stupid! You're both are making me look bad with no valid reason.

And go check google results again! I google it a few times just to be sure if he's really meant it that way.

Jason said
chim chim charoo!
not chim chim cheree

The first result you get from "chim chim charoo" is that one I quoted

chim chim.JPG

I assumed it was just a spelling mistake and I thought we'll just laugh at it and that's it, but you guys brought it to another level.

what?
I was thinking....

Those childhood movies always have lots of hidden meanings. :eyebrows::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Other than the background being a little too bright, which "you live and learn". But other than that it is very nice. :)

I'm thinking maybe a little clean up before the next portrait session

I flipping love it. It made me wonder if he staged his sootieness? He is too pretty to be that sooty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Other than the background being a little too bright, which "you live and learn". But other than that it is very nice. :)
thank you :)

lol, we'll try

I flipping love it. It made me wonder if he staged his sootieness? He is too pretty to be that sooty.
I told him what you said :)

He happened to clean the chimney that day and I took the opportunity. He doesn't work in sooty environment

lol, we'll try

He happened to clean the chimney that day and I took the opportunity. He doesn't work in sooty environment
I knew it! [emoji13]

lol, we'll try

I knew it! [emoji13]

yes you did :D

ty I guess!

what?
I was thinking....

oh no!

LOL

soot? chimney sweep?

well

it's not my fault!

Ok @pixmedic and @vfotog , this is really stupid! You're both are making me look bad with no valid reason.

And go check google results again! I google it a few times just to be sure if he's really meant it that way.

Jason said
chim chim charoo!
not chim chim cheree

The first result you get from "chim chim charoo" is that one I quoted

View attachment 107836

I assumed it was just a spelling mistake and I thought we'll just laugh at it and that's it, but you guys brought it to another level.

I didn't!
I thought it was funny!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back