Sound

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone get the sense of 'sound' form this picture? need to take a photograph of sound for my photography class. But we need to think outside the box.
sound2.jpg

its a picture of Newton's Law Balls.

C&C?

Does anyone have a better idea for sound?

I get the sensation of motion.

... maybe a picture of someone yelling ?

or something like that Maxell audio tape picture

...Yeah, motion for me too.

If I had to take a picture of sound, the first idea that comes to my mind is a vibrating speaker cone.... (Just trying to help you come up with ideas)
That might not be far enough outside the box though (if it even is on the outside of the box).

Yea. I just get the idea of those balls smacking against eachother when I think of sound. I know, I'm wierd:p

Yea, I had the idea of the speakers, too. It's a good idea.

You could take a picture of air and say it's a pressure wave (sound) ;)

Or maybe ripples on a pond could be sound waves...

I like these ideas.
maybe a train horn?

That would work, but it might be too obvious (how "outside the box" is it susposed to be?).

BTW, the 'picture of air' thing was a joke... I don't think your teacher will give you any points for that. ;)

The ripples on the pond could work though, might be too far outside the box though.

Finger nails on a chalk board..
That is the most emotional sound intense still image I can think of.
You could even write the word "screeeech" on the chalk board and have the fingers scratching across it.

That would work, but it might be too obvious (how "outside the box" is it susposed to be?).

BTW, the 'picture of air' thing was a joke... I don't think your teacher will give you any points for that. ;)

The ripples on the pond could work though, might be too far outside the box though.

Well, I mean everything you capture sound with is going to be outside the box because capturing it is so hard! But like, out of the box meaning not the obvious. like, a speaker, or headphones, and an instrument, you know?

Screeching chalk board, I like it!

I also had another idea. have me (or someone else), in bed, the a pillow over their head with force, so that you can tell they are aggitated. And then have a well lit old fashioned alarm right next to them in bed. Well lit meaning everything else is sort of dark besides the alarm clock, so that the attention draws to the alarm clark.
I don't know, I have this really cool vision in my head. Anyone get what i'm saying?

I also had another idea. have me (or someone else), in bed, the a pillow over their head with force, so that you can tell they are aggitated. And then have a well lit old fashioned alarm right next to them in bed. Well lit meaning everything else is sort of dark besides the alarm clock, so that the attention draws to the alarm clark.
I don't know, I have this really cool vision in my head. Anyone get what i'm saying?

Sounds like a winner. Maybe early morning, just enough light coming through the blinds to light you, with the alarm clock illuminated by it's LCD display (that's what I'm picturing anyway).

I like that. I really want to try it. It would send off such an emotional feeling. Everyone hates hearing that dreaded alarm sound, especially when you're so comfortable in bed!
it's going to be so hrad to set up really well though...:/

DJ Turntable.
Microphone.
Screaming Crowd.
Recording Studio.
Someone Singing Into a Microphone.

Love the chalkboard idea.

Most reactions

Back