Soundrack

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need your help. I'm making a movie. Actually.. I'm editing a film taken by my father in Alps. This is an 11 minutes film, with landscapes only (huge mountains covered with snow). But I need a soundrack. I want to add something acoustic, interesting... any recommendations??
What would you like to hear during watching winter landscapes??

you mean sound TRACK?

I don't really know much accoustic music. The only thing I could suggest would be more electronic stuff...but not "rave music". I'm talking Boards of Canada type stuff.

Gustav Holst's "Planets", and from those "Jupiter - Bringer of Jollity", the middle part. (Even though I imagine landscapes that usually woodsac photographs for us with that music, but impressive mountain ranges sound ok for it, too). Listen to it and you will hear which part I am thinking of ... though for 11 minutes of film you might need all of it :scratch: ?

bace said:
you mean sound TRACK?

I don't really know much accoustic music. The only thing I could suggest would be more electronic stuff...but not "rave music". I'm talking Boards of Canada type stuff.

Yea Boards of Canada, is a good one for this. Also i would recomend Biosphere or Brian Eno....but again its not really accoustic music, but goes very well with landscapes. For more accoustic stuff i would recomend Craig Armstrong which i'v used in a short film myself (he's the same guy that did the soundtrack to romeo & Juliet) and he's awsome. Other than that, what reminds me of mountains when i hear it is, Goldfrapp's first album (Felt Mountain).... and alot of Bjorks more experimental stuff. Hope this helps :D

Eric. said:
Boards of Canada would be fantastic. I love those guys.

Word on the street is they are from Scotland....

Yes they are from scotland. The two of them were inspired by the canadian film boards wildlife documentaries when they were young , hence there name. Think they smoked too much aswell...lol.

If i'd continued my list, the next one would have been sigur ros also..... I mean how can you not consider them for a soundtrack!:D

I know you said acoustic but check out Zero 7 or Beth Orton.

or for acoustic: Andre Sergovia

Most reactions

Back