Space.....Mission Impossible!

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I was at SpaceNuts house tonight, which is daring to begin with! I was over there teaching and instructing him on little things to do in photoshop to help him out with one of the books he purchased. I got a little carried away with what I was doing, and here is what happened.

Space-Travel.jpg

LOL thats awesome. Your very nice to help someone out like that. :)

Oh, this is nicely colourful!
So our SpaceNut is a friend of yours - you brought him to us even, maybe?
Anyhow: my question is, whether or if not how much of this photo is PS and how much was there for you to begin with? Like that nicely blurred, colourful background, where did it come from? And the "planets" (which look flat ... are you defying Galileo Galilei again? ;))?

LaFoto said:
Oh, this is nicely colourful!
So our SpaceNut is a friend of yours - you brought him to us even, maybe?
Anyhow: my question is, whether or if not how much of this photo is PS and how much was there for you to begin with? Like that nicely blurred, colourful background, where did it come from? And the "planets" (which look flat ... are you defying Galileo Galilei again? ;))?

Yes, SpaceNut is one of my best friends, we used to work together at a police station dispatching. He seen that I was interested in photography and seen some of my work and then became interested himself. So we have been going on trips here and there with our cameras. Well to make a long story short, here we are today both on the photo forum.

As far as the photoshop, 99 percent of this is all photoshop. This is what happens when my imagination goes out of control. The only thing that is not is the spaceshuttle. Thats a picture of a small model! There was nothing to begin with except a blank document to start off with. The planets I can't figure out how to make them look more realistic, so I left them. If anybody has any Ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thank all of you for all the great comments!

I almost forgot, the clouds came from a mixture of 6 layers of rendered clouds and then blurred.

Neat! Ha, I wish I had those skills. Have you tried adding just a touch of radial gradient to the planets? Or maybe going Ctl-T perspective? Liquify tool will create a visual bulge? Even adding a bevel edge or something *shrug*

Wonderfully done though :D

chris82 said:
you have some good skills there clark

Thank you very much, your comments like this is what makes me feel good. The thing of it is, is that when I get started I can't stop, and I get carried away sometimes.

Peanuts said:
Neat! Ha, I wish I had those skills. Have you tried adding just a touch of radial gradient to the planets? Or maybe going Ctl-T perspective? Liquify tool will create a visual bulge? Even adding a bevel edge or something *shrug*

Wonderfully done though :D

Everybody has the skills , its weather or not they want to discover them. Any of this is possible, by anybody out there, just have to have the time and inclination to use your imagination.!

I used a liquify filter on it to add the bulge, but I think I will try the bevel edge. Great Idea that thanks!

I enoyed this project a lot, and I learned a lot. Thanks for the help. I'm currently working on a project to be a 2nd part of this photo. Hope I can do as well!!

SpaceNut said:
I enoyed this project a lot, and I learned a lot. Thanks for the help. I'm currently working on a project to be a 2nd part of this photo. Hope I can do as well!!

I am sure that yours will be equally as good as mine!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back