Wild colors I didn’t know were there

Qurmudgeon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out the other day to shake off the dust from my old canon M6. I was using an 18-200 Tamron M mount made for these. I was shooting right into the direction of the sun In auto mode. But it was high enough with cloud cover to do the job. In post where I use standard stuff like contrast, shadow, lighten or darken. I just dialed up to lighten the shadows. When I did, these unreal colors popped out. I didn’t monkey with any color alterations. Left it pretty much as is. I did pan my shots and took several. Only when I was right towards the sun did I get these hues of blue and violet. Kind of other worldly, but I think it’s kind of pretty anyway.
I don’t use photo shop or any other software. What I shoot is what I end up with.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Attachments

• IMG_2187.jpeg
    IMG_2187.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 4
You're at peak aperture so that will deliver it's full potential. I know these super zoom lenses aren't unbelievable in regards to overall image quality, but especially at the wide end they suffer. When I had a Tamron 28-200mm, I remember it was awful for flaring and CA between 28 and 50mm, and overall contrast and colour was diminished greatly in harsh conditions in the whole focal range.

You're probably just seeing the result of resolving potential being pushed to it's limit considering the conditions of the shot. Something has to give.

I think it's white balance being skewed by the bright light coming in.

Yeah, definitely something. I should have had a polarizing filter on and dialed it back some. Too much bright light Overwhelmed it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back