Special thread for viewfinders or Kodak Retina specific?

sniper x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just gifted a very nice like new Kodak Retina 1a. After a complete dusting and cleaning on the outside, and in the film door, it is like a new camera. I am very pleased! It seems to be in Perfect working order. Shutter fires accuately, front door is smooth, everything works great. It came in a Period Gadget bag, with a flash, attachment arm, Rangefinder, 5 filters, two hoods, cases for all, and it's all in excellent condition. was wondering if there was a specific thread for these cameras of if it is OK for questions and such here.

Thanks!

Kev

Attachments

• small 1a with rangy.jpg
    small 1a with rangy.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 246
I guess you could try here.

I saw that but the newest post was way back in August or earlier so I thought it was no longer supported. Guess there isn;t that much interest in Kodak specific threads on this forum.

That lens is probably sharp as a tack. Nice rig. Gotta shoot it

That's a great little camera. My father picked one up when he was stationed in Germany in the 50's and was the camera I learned on. It was missing for about 20 years and I found it at my sister's house this year. He was happy to get it back and gave it to me a month later. The only thing is the rangefinder is missing. I've since put a couple of rolls thru it and it still works beautifully. Hope you enjoy it.

I love it. I have a roll of Tri X for it and am going to try and shoot the roll tomorrow after I get off work.

That's a beauty!

Retinas are wonderful cameras. There are many different models.

The 35mm film cassette that we still use today was originally designed for the first Retina camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back