Special thread for viewfinders or Kodak Retina specific?

sniper x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just gifted a very nice like new Kodak Retina 1a. After a complete dusting and cleaning on the outside, and in the film door, it is like a new camera. I am very pleased! It seems to be in Perfect working order. Shutter fires accuately, front door is smooth, everything works great. It came in a Period Gadget bag, with a flash, attachment arm, Rangefinder, 5 filters, two hoods, cases for all, and it's all in excellent condition. was wondering if there was a specific thread for these cameras of if it is OK for questions and such here.

Thanks!

Kev

Attachments

• small 1a with rangy.jpg
    small 1a with rangy.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 246
I guess you could try here.

I saw that but the newest post was way back in August or earlier so I thought it was no longer supported. Guess there isn;t that much interest in Kodak specific threads on this forum.

That lens is probably sharp as a tack. Nice rig. Gotta shoot it

That's a great little camera. My father picked one up when he was stationed in Germany in the 50's and was the camera I learned on. It was missing for about 20 years and I found it at my sister's house this year. He was happy to get it back and gave it to me a month later. The only thing is the rangefinder is missing. I've since put a couple of rolls thru it and it still works beautifully. Hope you enjoy it.

I love it. I have a roll of Tri X for it and am going to try and shoot the roll tomorrow after I get off work.

That's a beauty!

Retinas are wonderful cameras. There are many different models.

The 35mm film cassette that we still use today was originally designed for the first Retina camera.

Most reactions

Back