Specs for New K-3 Leaked

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still APS-C, but the specs look great, if true...

Pentax K-3 Specifications

- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Read more at: Pentax K-3 Specifications - PentaxForums.com

Looks nice on paper. Pentax usually come up with the goods

I may have to have a yard sale...

Wow! "100% field of view, 0.95x magnification "... that sound like one hell of a viewfinder....that's a VERY HIGH-magnification finder image!!! And 8.3 FPS...wow...that thing's gonna hum right along. RAW image saving on HDR is nice too.

The thing about PENTAX cameras, well, since the late 1960's at least, is that they are made for SHOOTERS. A Pentax is like a cheaper Nikon...lenses mount the same direction; the focusing ring turn is the same direction as Nikon. Nikon and Pentax share a number of similarities. The cameras from both companies have a little bit more old-fashioned, CAMERA-like ethos underlying the design choices;Pentax engineers their products to act like "cameras" SOny, and Canon design them as consumer electronics devices that take pictures. Pentax has long had the smartest, best exposure automation modes, and the absolute best AUTO-ISO implementation, far,far outsmarting Canon, with Nikon in second place. Pentax is like the Remington 870 Wingmaster of cameras....no B.S....the chit just... "works...and works right."

Looks competitive. As a video guy, I really like the headphone jack. We'll have to see on image quality (for both stills and video). They'll have a steep hill to climb to beat the D7100.

Here are the in-depth specs. The SR-based AA "filter" is an awesome feature. Apparently it uses the same Toshiba sensor as the D7100, albeit with completely different processing.

Oh well, I just went temporarily (?) insane and preordered a K-3. ... :D

ya i just saw this and i think im gonna have to get one. i like the fact that there offering a 18-135mm lens instead of just the 18-55mm. and there releasing a special edition? i think i will have to get the special

I would get the 18-135 for sure, if I didn't already have that range covered... tempting, though- it's a handy lens.

yes, tempting

I think I'm just going to get the camera as the body only. I mostly want it for my olders lens. I will also get some AF pentax lens too.

The sensor turned out to be an updated Sony unit- which is fine by me. The Toshiba sensor has known banding problems that the Nikon crowd complains about. K-3 has shipped! :D

Still APS-C, but the specs look great, if true...

Pentax K-3 Specifications

- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Read more at: Pentax K-3 Specifications - PentaxForums.com

Pentax makes some nice equipment.. just not sure about their naming conventions though. I mean what happens when they finally come out with the K-1 - do they stop making cameras? Lol

Pentax makes some nice equipment.. just not sure about their naming conventions though. I mean what happens when they finally come out with the K-1 - do they stop making cameras? Lol

Everyone is wondering that, lol. I wonder what they will call the new FF body that's due out soon...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back