What's new

Spectra Film!

Hunterskowron

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
38
Reaction score
19
Location
Portland, or
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of MY FAVORITE times of taking photos was 2007-2008 when I could buy massive amounts of spectra film for dirt cheap. I must have taken a couple hundred photos in a matter of months. I found a fancy spectra that you could abuse to take double exposures, etc... Here are some from the MANY I have taken!
$Scan10016.webp$pianofeet.webp$Bell tower.webp$Sunnyclouds.webp
 
ooh these are nice! i like the one with the synth/organ (?) best
 
For me only #2 represents some concept, the rest are just badly underexposed landscape attempts.
However this statement of yours is curious: "I found a fancy spectra that you could abuse to take double exposures, etc..."
What do you mean by this "abuse" ? Do you mean hacking Spectra camera into doing multi exposure ?
 
For me only #2 represents some concept, the rest are just badly underexposed landscape attempts.
However this statement of yours is curious: "I found a fancy spectra that you could abuse to take double exposures, etc..."
What do you mean by this "abuse" ? Do you mean hacking Spectra camera into doing multi exposure ?

Hey timor. Thanks for you critique. I didn't feel "hack" was the right word, as no actual hacking needs to be done. As far as "concepts" - I didn't think the "general" photography section of this website needed to have concepts in order to share images. Thanks regardless. Hope you're well.
 
For me only #2 represents some concept, the rest are just badly underexposed landscape attempts.
However this statement of yours is curious: "I found a fancy spectra that you could abuse to take double exposures, etc..."
What do you mean by this "abuse" ? Do you mean hacking Spectra camera into doing multi exposure ?

Hey timor. Thanks for you critique. I didn't feel "hack" was the right word, as no actual hacking needs to be done. As far as "concepts" - I didn't think the "general" photography section of this website needed to have concepts in order to share images. Thanks regardless. Hope you're well.
Hi.
This section of that website is intended for discussion about presented images. If you will go thru threads you will see, that all we talk here is concept and a technique to get there. The section of the forum to present pictures without unneeded discussion is a photo gallery.
A community photo gallery - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery
If the word "hack" is no good, than tell me how did you abused Spectra, to get those multi-exposures. I am just interested, what did you do to force instant camera into it. I know, that Spectra Pro has this feature, multiple exposure, but then it is not an abuse.
 
These look much better on your Flickr page - on here the first Polaroid looks like it has a bluish frame, and I couldn't make it out that well til I looked on Flickr and went oh! now I get what it is... It's pretty cool, I'm wondering how you did that with a Spectra.

You might want to post in Film/Alt. processes. I don't find that a scan always seems to do polaroids justice and of course the IP film has a different quality than what you get with an SLR etc.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom