Speedlite for NIKON D-600 (confused!)

YONGNUO TTL FLASH SPEEDLIGHT YN468-II FOR NIKON

Reading this it seems that S2 is similar to S1 but ignores the pre-flash from the camera's popup and is triggered only by the main flash burst from the popup. In S1 mode the pre flash would trigger the unit. S2 is not a iTTL mode in that the camera will not control the flash duration of this unit. You'll have to set it in TTL mode for that to happen. Now weather TTL will work off camera is not clear, or maybe it is, I did not delve that deeply into the specifics of that flash.

YONGNUO TTL FLASH SPEEDLIGHT YN468-II FOR NIKON

Reading this it seems that S2 is similar to S1 but ignores the pre-flash from the camera's popup and is triggered only by the main flash burst from the popup. In S1 mode the pre flash would trigger the unit. S2 is not a iTTL mode in that the camera will not control the flash duration of this unit. You'll have to set it in TTL mode for that to happen. Now weather TTL will work off camera is not clear, or maybe it is, I did not delve that deeply into the specifics of that flash.

All true. Yongnuo S2 slave mode is Manual flash mode, but which can be triggered by an iTTL flash. The actual intent is that it can be triggered by compact cameras, which have no manual flash mode to use S1 mode.

I don't know about the YN468 (I doubt it does this), but the YN565EX and YN568 both also can be triggered in TTL mode by the Nikon Commander. Works like the Nikon flashes in that respect, fully featured with the commander (Except 565 does not do HSS).

Most reactions

Back