Spent the AM in the Garden..

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually, it's the Rose Garden at the College of So. Idaho campus.. It was first thing this morning... What do ya think?

r
3894610047_2a3803a982_b.jpg

3895380436_e34b1d0f04_b.jpg

3894576647_abd2569955_b.jpg

3894590887_cc2561ff01_b.jpg

#1 - I like the dreamy quality of this image

#2 - Wish this shot had a little more DOF and was a little sharper. Not too crazy about the composition.

#3 - This shot looks slightly under exposed and could use a little more contrast.

#4 - Feels like there is too much space around the rose...try cropping it tighter.

how can u tell it's underexposed? too dark?

the petals on the left of the yellow shot edges are dbled or blurred also...

the first one looks really cool is there PP or is that pretty much as shot?

i'm no pro at this but to me it seems like number 1 is a bit over exposed... it's a nice effect but he flowers are blinding me!

Yeah, the colors are a little dark and sort of dull looking. The second edit is better but I'd like to see something in-between the two.
Not sure why the petals have that doubled edge like that...might be the lens he used. The blur is because of the DOF is a little on the shallow side. There is no exif data so I don't know the shot specs for these images.
It looks like he intentionally blurred the image to get it a softer look. Not sure if you could do that in-camera without special filters of some kind.
i'm no pro at this but to me it seems like number 1 is a bit over exposed... it's a nice effect but he flowers are blinding me!
Yes, it does look over exposed but I'm not sure if it was shot like that or if it's part of some PP process used. Gonna have to wait for ottor to respond.

Yeah, the colors are a little dark and sort of dull looking. The second edit is better but I'd like to see something in-between the two.
Not sure why the petals have that doubled edge like that...might be the lens he used. The blur is because of the DOF is a little on the shallow side. There is no exif data so I don't know the shot specs for these images.
It looks like he intentionally blurred the image to get it a softer look. Not sure if you could do that in-camera without special filters of some kind.
Yes, it does look over exposed but I'm not sure if it was shot like that or if it's part of some PP process used. Gonna have to wait for ottor to respond.

I have no idea on why the double edge.. Used a tripod with remote .. :confused::confused:

The first was a simple shot that I processed using the Orton effect - I just like this because it gives kind of a dreamy look.. Google "Orton" and try it on one of your shots... It works on some, and not on others.. Thanks for the comments - Appreciate the feedback to get better... I may mess with the White Balance on that yellow one - I don't like the color either.. :D

The first was a simple shot that I processed using the Orton effect - I just like this because it gives kind of a dreamy look...
Ahhh...I thought it was some kind of PP effect. I've heard of the Orton Effect and seen a few samples, but that was a while ago. I Googled it and saw some really nice dreamy samples. Nice effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back