Spiders (probably one of the Orb Weaver species)

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These little guys stay curled up.. so it is hard to get the shot I would like to get... They are strange little spiders. Orb weavers, I believe.. but haven't been able to get a firm ID on them.

spider-3.jpg

spider-2.jpg

Love the first. Looks like she's waiting in ambush! Araneus gemma would be my guess. They look awfully similar to Araneus diadematus, except they lack the cross pattern on their abdomen and have that funny shape with the two bumps.

WHY do I open these??? I am terrified of spiders and I open them anyway!
Those shot are gorgeous. The detail is great.
And... I am out of here.

These were fun to look at. Did you use focus stacking?

Love the first. Looks like she's waiting in ambush! Araneus gemma would be my guess. They look awfully similar to Araneus diadematus, except they lack the cross pattern on their abdomen and have that funny shape with the two bumps.

Yes.. they have that weird body... really oversized and the two bumps. My girlfriends calls them the FatA$$ spiders! lol!

WHY do I open these??? I am terrified of spiders and I open them anyway!
Those shot are gorgeous. The detail is great.
And... I am out of here.

Thanks... arachnids are spooky looking, but most are far more beneficial than harmful. Some of them are even kind of cute... I love the jumping spiders! :)

These were fun to look at. Did you use focus stacking?

No.. just a shot them at F16 with diffused flash. Glad you liked them.

I will have to pick your brain my friend =). Are you diffusing these and using OCF? I really like your results regarding the shadows.

this is with the sigma 150 Charlie?

yes... the initial outing.... all handheld with diffused flash. That is also how I took the stuff I posted in the Minimalist / Abstract thread... if you are interested! :) ( I am loving that bokeh... yellow leaves / Tree and sky!)

Cant wait to shoot some butterflies with it!! (hint hint!) lol!

I saw your work on the thread...bitchin! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back