Spirit of Elowah

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a fun time shooting this one. If you're anywhere within 50 feet of this fall, Elowah Falls in the Columbia Gorge, you will get wet. There's always tons of misting at this fall. If you cross the bridge in front of it, you will get SOAKED!

Anyway, the current was running darn fast. So I had to work up the courage to cross the stream about waist high with equipment over my shoulder.. "Don't slip... Don't slip... Don't slip..."

Once I made it here, keeping the camera and lens dry was a constant struggle.

​

Spirt of Elowah by Majeed Badizadegan

Must've been a hard time keeping the camera safe, but well captured. Seems so surreal.

Wow, as usual! It was worth it I say.

If you're anywhere within 50 feet of this fall, Elowah Falls in the Columbia Gorge, you will get wet.

I have the same effect on the ladies.

Great shot! I wish there was a tad more of the pool, but I realized positions are tricky.

Oh my that is just gorgeous. I love the golden light!! Do you use any sort of waterproof cover when you shoot?

Amazing capture!

:thumbup:
Must've been a hard time keeping the camera safe, but well captured. Seems so surreal.

It was a bit tough. Good to have weather sealed equipment in these situations.

Wow, as usual! It was worth it I say.

Thanks EOV.

I have the same effect on the ladies. Great shot! I wish there was a tad more of the pool, but I realized positions are tricky.

I have a bunch of comps. I'll try to remember to PM you a comp with more fg. There's a rather large log.

Oh to be young and foolish again, oh wait, I mean how brave and daring of you Majeed! ;) another beauty! Nancy

Haha!

Oh my that is just gorgeous. I love the golden light!! Do you use any sort of waterproof cover when you shoot?

I used to have a cheap rain cover from amazon.
I'll be replacing those soon with a better one.

Amazing capture!

Thanks.

Nominated

That's an incredible photo. I miss the NW so much. When I get out of the Navy I will be heading back that way for sure. We used to hike the Gorge every week and fish the Sandy every weekend. That's God's country.

Very pretty scene, what i like is how you've framed the greenery with golden background. Too often green is just overwhelming, here it is given a nice treatment.

Right up there with some of your Best of The Best. :thumbup:
Everytime I think I can't look at another long exposure waterfall, out comes a shot like this and I change my mind. Nice job!

Great work, Majeed! How do you deal with the lens or filter getting wet in such conditions? It must already be hard standing there let alone wiping/cleaning your equipment.

The only thing more amazing than what you go through to get your photos is the photos themselves. Inspiring!

Most reactions

Back