Spirit of Peoria

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have lived in central IL for over half my life and I have never ridden the Spirit of Peoria. Today I finally did! Woo Hoo for me! It is a paddle boat; a genuine paddle boat considering it has no other means of propulsion ( I hope I spelled that right!)...With it being so sunny, I over-exposed most of shots (stupid, stupid me! grrr!) so I have no shots of the actual boat! Pretty peeved about that I am! But anyways, here are some shots that I took that didn't turn out to bad. Some of them need to be cropped and edited btw...just haven't gotten that far.
1.This is our leaving place-downtown Peoria.
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax007.jpg

2.Paddle wheel, PADDLE!!!!
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax044.jpg

3.This be my dad!
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax054.jpg

4.This is my Dad, again
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax101.jpg

5. Don't let those cables break!
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax094.jpg

6. Father's Hands...I'm practicing with "hand" shots here...
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax108.jpg

7. A marina that is right next to the Spirit's dock:
COPY.jpg

8. This is the LST 325. She's a..uhh...hold on, I know this! Landing Ship Tank! lol..I knew it was in my brain somewhere! This weekend she is docked in Peoria and next weekend she'll be in Henry, IL. My grandfather was on one of these in WWII. This came over from Greece...I think I heard that its the last LST on the water today...that "runs" at any rate. Anyway-I'll have more next weekend when I actually tour the boat! These are taken from the Spirit!
8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax121.jpg

8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax124.jpg

8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax125.jpg

8-22-07SpiritofSt.Louis2Pentax126.jpg

Nice series of a really nice outing. Somehow I like "Paddle, paddle, PADDLE" best of all ;). Followed by "Don't let those cables break" :D

And how did your dad's photos turn out? (I see he is holding a camera, too!)

Thanks so much for the comment! :D My dad was actually holding my Point-n-Shoot Digital and he hardly took any pictures at all! I'm more the picture taker in the family and he just likes to sit back and enjoy! Oh well...he had fun at any rate! :D

Hmm, that paddle boat ride looks like it'd be a good time !! I'm not sure if there are any left here in St. Louis....If there are, i think i might just have to give it a try!! And take my camera bag too of course ;)

Oh, and BTW, nice shots !!! :thumbup:

Don't you just LOVE that nice muddy green water of the IL river!?

I live in the Lasalle-Peru area, Spring Valley to be exact and have alot of photos along the river.
The water is just so inviting.

PS-Your dads thumbnail looks painful.

Don't you just LOVE that nice muddy green water of the IL river!?

I live in the Lasalle-Peru area, Spring Valley to be exact and have alot of photos along the river.
The water is just so inviting.

PS-Your dads thumbnail looks painful.

On our "cruise" I was telling my dad how it would be so NICE if the river were blue! We live right off of the river and from where we are it doesn't look so bad.....I couldn't imagine living anywhere that isn't near the water though. But I go swimming in it every year! haha....nasty I know!

His thumbnail was actually smashed like 30 years ago (if not longer) by his sister in a car door! She didn't realize where his hand was and slammed her door and that is what happened! Ouch! But it makes the picture interesting I think. :)

And I totally recommend a paddle boat cruise! It was really fun and relaxing. And interesting to hear our captain/guide tell us interesting facts about IL/Peoria area.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back