What's new

Splashdown!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent most of the week working on our boat, the EnviroLab II. She's our workhorse, working almost every day of the year, or at least it seems that way. We hauled her out for the week for inspection, bottom paint, bootstripe paint, hull painting, and a million other maintenance items. She's used for anything from lighthouse trips/tours to introduction to oceanography for the public to research for our summer camps. The full set from today is on my flickr if you care to gander, but here's two of my favorites from today's relaunch.



Blue-on-Blue
_RSP7509 by f_one_eight, on Flickr


_RSP7713 by f_one_eight, on Flickr


And a bonus! This gorgeous ship was once purpotedly owned by a Norwegian king in the late 1930's. I met the co-owner today and if he minded my photographing it, and in talking to him I learned that she was built 77 years ago and spends the summers on Block Island. Sadly I don't have a real good picture of the entire ship itself, so you'll have to settle for what's below.

_RSP7453 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake
 
Ooh, I love #2.
The leading line of the wheel trough, the distortion and the sunburst off the topright behind the crane.
 
Ooh, I love #2.
The leading line of the wheel trough, the distortion and the sunburst off the topright behind the crane.

Did you notice the subtle flare in the bottom left corner?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Shameless bump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Shameless bump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...glad I wasn't the one who feels like this needs to happen sometimes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work
 
Shameless bump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...glad I wasn't the one who feels like this needs to happen sometimes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

Well I posted it late at night here, so i figured I'd send it up to the top. [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I understand, I do most of my posting at midnight.

I mentioned it on Flickr when I first saw this set, but my favorite shot is one you didn't post of the bow of the boat from slightly underneath like it was about to overtake you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work
 
I understand, I do most of my posting at midnight.

I mentioned it on Flickr when I first saw this set, but my favorite shot is one you didn't post of the bow of the boat from slightly underneath like it was about to overtake you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work


Yeah, I also like that one. Tried not to share too many here all at once :)

Other forum-ers, this is the one referred to:

_RSP7506 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake
 
I understand. I frequently have issues of which 3 or 4 of the (usually) 100+ should I share

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work
 
I understand. I frequently have issues of which 3 or 4 of the (usually) 100+ should I share

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work


See I'm the opposite--I always whittle it down to one, and this is one of the first times in a while I've had such a large image share.

Jake
 
Love #1! I think the blue on the blue works extremely well.

Yeah that and the symmetry pulled it together well, I think. Thanks!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom