What's new

Published in Epoch Times!

terri39 10

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
36,813
Reaction score
9,607
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so I take a lot of crap for not immediately replacing my dear old Epson scanner when my old PC died and I lost access to its drivers, and I post rarely.

My recent cross-country move is over, I'm here in my new-to-me house back in dear old Georgia, and it's now on the front burner of "stuff to go buy." So, you know, nyahh.

BUT my work does exist...and about 2 weeks ago (still surrounded by unopened moving boxes) I was approached by a journalist at Epoch Times. She was doing a series for the magazine's Arts & Culture section on the intersection of photography and painting, and said she thought I'd have something to contribute, and wanted to set up a phone interview. Which we did.

The online version of her series came out today.

From what she wrote to all of us this morning who participated in the series (painters, photographers, alt-process artists) the print versions will be more expansive, with each part coming out every Friday for the weekend sections, over the summer. The print version of this (Part 8) won't be published until August. She had asked each of us about artists who influenced our work, and those sidebars will supposedly be included, with possibly more work, too.

Kinda cool!
 
Woot, look at you! That's awesome!!
 
Btw, 'bromoil' sounds like it's new slang to describe trouble between two dudes in a bromance ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #4
Btw, 'bromoil' sounds like it's new slang to describe trouble between two dudes in a bromance ;)

It's a dirty word, that. For a dirty process. eww. :tongue-44:

And thanks!
 
Neat article... you know, now that picture of you is out there, some people may actually start thinking of you as a human being...
 
Neat article... you know, now that picture of you is out there, some people may actually start thinking of you as a human being...

Instead of Film Goddess? ;) Nah, she's still that!
 
Wow....so you really **do** exist IRL!!! Cool, I just finished reading the article. I hope you love the house and Georgia!

Speaking of bromoils, I think I'm developing a bromoil with all this unrelentingly hot, summer weather...afraid I might have to lance the bromoil if it keeps getting worse...oh well, possibly TMI on that...again, congratulations on being written up and it not being a traffic ticket!
 
It's great to get some well deserved recognition!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #12
Neat article... you know, now that picture of you is out there, some people may actually start thinking of you as a human being...

Well, we can't have that. I'll think of something, promise. :fangs:

I hope you love the house and Georgia!
Thanks baby!! That's a double-yes! I have an unfinished basement that's crying out to be a darkroom someday. :icon_cheers:

It's great to get some well deserved recognition!

Thanks, Sharon! Odd what can happen when you're least expecting it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom