Split ND filters

rjackjames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering what is the best Split ND filters for landscape photography? I need any suggestion or review?

If you are referring to Graduated ND, then Lee and Singh-Ray are are quality filters. There is another that begins with "H", but the name eludes me at the moment.

Nah, it was Hitech that Steph referred to several months ago. I don't know much about them, but if Steph made a mention, I thought it was worth a look. Turns out that Hitech is the same as Formatt.

Nah, it was Hitech that Steph referred to several months ago. I don't know much about them, but if Steph made a mention, I thought it was worth a look. Turns out that Hitech is the same as Formatt.

I use both Lee and Hitech/Formatt ND Grad filters. I cannot tell the difference between the two and both give much better results than the corresponding filters from Cokin.

Thanx guys for the suggestions, I was able to find a few on B&H but still kind of worried about if the holder comes with the filters?

Unless it's part of a kit, no, just the filter. A holder is only $10-12. I see in you sig that you are to 16mm wide on you lens, definetly consider the "P" size filter. You'll also need an adapter ring for your lens filter size. (Cokin talk)

thanx for the reply kndalini, I will definitly look more into before i buy I take few landsacles shots with the stuff I have and try to improve.

Sorry, but the OP did ask "what is the best". Cokin really isn't there, and yeah, I have them (GND). Affordable, reasonable quality, easy to come by... check, check, check.

:wink:
Ahh, apologies, I didn't take in the entire post.

Most reactions

Back